Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 11:58 PM

Re: A Slippery Subject

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
uh huh....
It's amazing what a shower does to a man's voice.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's what people of a certain age buy each other at Christmas
I don't think I've ever seen a man in a chemist buying talcum powder. Perhaps they buy it online? Or at Costco.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:01 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a man in a chemist buying talcum powder. Perhaps they buy it online? Or at Costco.
We will have to ask Foxy where he gets his from. Might even be flour .... self raising of course.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 07:23 AM

You have never been in the queue behind me then. I openly buy mine at the chemist or supermarket, not one of the highly-perfumed type but Johnson's Baby Powder – it is almost unscented and reminds me of my younger childhood!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 07:53 AM

What is a mystery is how men manage to use shower gel effectively without a bath lily or sponge. Seems to be a splash it all over and rub it in technique
Why would anyone need those things when we have hands?
As for the original question, the answer's simple - women fall for all the hype about cleansing products, how it conditions the skin and "cures" split ends (not possible) and all the rest of it. Men are more sensible IMO.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 09:37 AM

I manage to make do with a tablet of soap for all my ablutions however I do have an enormous number of bottles of shampoos, soaps etc under the sink left by my kids who seem to need a different liquid for every part of their body.

On the other hand I have learned to take my own tablet of soap when I visit my kids because they all seem to use liquid soap (gel?) which seems useless to me as it washes away in the shower before you can rub it on.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:40 PM

I am interested to learn why talc is more important than shower gel or shampoo. If you swapped the talc for shampoo you could be like the other guys here. You have to wonder whether they have similar size restrictions....

I'm also interested in the point of talcum powder.

This thread has been so educational
If it's so bad what are you guys doing in there for so long?
Once upon a time everybody (well most people) used talc Annie, even the ladies.
With the advent of antiperspirants talc went out of fashion. But I think that antiperspirants are bad for you and have always preferred talc for my sensitive bits.

I suppose I'm an old guy stuck in the past in many ways. I try not to come into contact with many of today's chemicals, but did find that a squirt of shower gel on my sponge was better than rubbing up a lather with a bar of soap. However, I refuse to use liquid soap for hand and face washing while bent over the sink, only a nice smelling bar of soap will do. And when away on holiday, I love those little round bars of soap they leave on the sink for you.

So because talc is unisex and may be used by Mrs Fox, it stays in the bathroom cabinet. My German produced shampoo however is not unisex, it's just for blokes, and is returned to the wardrobe when hairwashing is completed....

I must admit to spending lots of time in the shower. To me it's one of life's little luxuries, and there is nothing finer than returning from an arduous run, casting off all one's clothes and allowing the soothing hot water engulf me and revive my aching body....And the freedom of standing naked in the warm torrent.....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:48 PM

I'm curious about Foxy's gender specific shampoo. Does it contain hormones or steroids or something?

Reminds me how my great aunt used to refuse to eat Flora, since the ads kept on informing about this being "margarine for men".
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 01:01 PM

Here you go Dex.....German Engineering for your hair....
In a giant bottle as well....Arm and leg spring to mind....

For a minute there I thought your post read 'Im curious about Foxes gender'.......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 01:04 PM

I hate showers, l prefer a bath. At the side of the bath is the soap and a pumice stone.
The widow sill.... well ....that’s a shop!!

Can l ask a question please... why do men like showering with another person (of any sex) in the shower with them?

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top