Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 09:08 PM

Re: The Poor Old Plates

I remember Barbara Windsor on TV saying something about how important it is to exercise your feet, lie on the bed and stretch them up and down every day, that was years ago, I've done it ever since and never had any problems with my feet, she was right as far as I'm concerned, thanks Bab's.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
A tiny washing up bowl and some baby bath bubbles does it for me Mags
Next best thing Meg!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
Not any diagnosed heart condition and on the doctors machine blood pressure still good, but after 2500 million beats perhaps showing some lack of urge. I started to take an interest in the condition of my feet recently, they were showing a bit of puffiness around the ankles and tingling and sometimes a numb feeling in the sole. I also remember reading that in the old blood can thicken and make the circulation from your pedal extremities slow.
I decided to embark on a bit of home therapy, started by spending 20 min before getting out of bed with the feet raised above the head, legs at about 45 deg. (feet on top of headboard) don't do this before retiring, you won't go to sleep as it oxygenates the brain. Then a bit of massage to the feet, tops and soles.
In my opinion this is proving quite beneficial, the feet feel a lot better and I resolve to get a bit more cycling and country walking in as well.
Has anyone else resorted to such measures ?
Do you have a partner who shares the same bed?. I may try this tonight, but the wife may think I'm trying it on, albeit from an oblique angle..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do you have a partner who shares the same bed?. I may try this tonight, but the wife may think I'm trying it on, albeit from an oblique angle..
Don't forget to take precautions Spitty, have a safety net handy in case you flip over.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I had the same symptoms a few years ago but it was due to blood pressure so now I take pills and feel fine

I thought I read somewhere that pins & needles and tingling feet could be a warning sign of diabetes.
Don't know if this is correct though?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I thought I read somewhere that pins & needles and tingling feet could be a warning sign of diabetes.
Don't know if this is correct though?
...yes I understand that can be the case Mups but I have been tested recently and was ok
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 09:43 AM

...yes I understand that can be the case Mups but I have been tested recently and was ok
For me its severe nerve damage due to degenerative back and neck condition ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 11:03 AM

That's good news for you then Meg.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-06-2014, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
For me its severe nerve damage due to degenerative back and neck condition ......

Poor you Patsy, that's tough. They said ages ago that I had "spondylitic changes" in my neck and it is playing up as we speak, but that can't be anywhere near as bad as your problems.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Poor you Patsy, that's tough. They said ages ago that I had "spondylitic changes" in my neck and it is playing up as we speak, but that can't be anywhere near as bad as your problems.
'Keep smiling through - just like you always do .......'
Vera has an album in the charts gal - not bad eh ?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top