Join for free
Page 13 of 34 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

04-03-2015, 08:03 PM

Re: Cliff Richard

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Tad arrogant don't you think speaking for the whole of Denmark?

Just how many persons have you spoken to on the subject and did they give you permission to speak on their behalf?
Ha ha, good point!!
Well, let us wait until Cliff gets arrested because until then there is not a case and not a thing about being guilty or not - there is just an investigation, but the ones I have spoken to think Cliff is what he wants us believe he is a good Christian who has his faults too, but a kind, gentle and sweet man - or as Olivia has said 2 times (or more) "What you see is what you got - he walks the walk and he talks the talk"...but I like it when you want me to come up with a number, because let us wait until Cliff gets arrested and there is a trial - until then - there is just an investigation.

My husband HATES Cliff , but he said that Cliff may be a bit weird but he had done nothing wrong. Speaks volume - and I donīt know if there are other people who hates Cliff even more - or just as much.
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

04-03-2015, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I don't need to watch a movie called the Hunt - I give meself more credit than that. I watch real life cases of false arrests so I am well aware how traumatic that is - just as abuse is.
Its the media you need to contact, you're wasting your time with me as you shed no further light on what I already know - thank you

Have I mentioned the ones who think as I do? Where? Any names? I am entitled to state what the press have written in Denmark. That statement is to me really, really odd and can close any argument, because do we have to consider names, addresses, how many? I have not heard one single person saying anything dodgy about Cliff here in Denmark - and that is the truth, because I would have talked about the issue. I have spoken to family, friends, my kids - and the media in Denmark, which has been extremely supportive to Cliff. His shows have been broadcast a lot although to be fair not the last 3 months - but it has nothing to do with the probe.

So Sorry, if I offended you or caused you to be stressed and think badly of me - I was merely giving an example, because not many people know that people are being falsely accused all of the time - they automatically think that the alleged abuser is guilty - like the two reallife Danes (the one in the US) and the cyclist in Denmark. I use this forum to get new insight knowledge - I have never before known about Jim Davidson, Paul Gambachini, Nigel Evans...etc...but because of the cases I have become familiar with them...thanks to youtube, twitter and Facebook. Thanks to the UK Thanks to you - and I try to be open and can chance stance because I learn new stuff all of the time
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 08:41 PM

Fair enough if you believe 'not many people know that people are falsely accused' - I was stating quite clearly that I am aware
So to finish and repeat - I have no idea if he is guilty or not .....
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

04-03-2015, 08:52 PM

Fair enough if you believe 'not many people know that people are falsely accused' - I was stating quite clearly that I am aware
So to finish and repeat - I have no idea if he is guilty or not .....
Since he has not been arrested - at least not while I write this - so it is not even an issue - really, we will have to wait until he gets arrested then there is a case.
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

04-03-2015, 08:56 PM

Thanks for making me feel so welcome and learn new stuff. Walking the dog I thought of the father whose one and only child was murdered by a young boy...he said he forgave him - I donīt think that many people can forgive what might have happened even 50 years ago although people have moved on - and are still ALIVE, have families, laugh etc. It is a strange world. Jim Davidson said that he thought there might be demon out there - either that or being set-up, a conspiracy - or someone having a grudge against you
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by sparrowbjn ->
Ha ha, good point!!
Well, let us wait until Cliff gets arrested because until then there is not a case and not a thing about being guilty or not - there is just an investigation, but the ones I have spoken to think Cliff is what he wants us believe he is a good Christian who has his faults too, but a kind, gentle and sweet man - or as Olivia has said 2 times (or more) "What you see is what you got - he walks the walk and he talks the talk"...but I like it when you want me to come up with a number, because let us wait until Cliff gets arrested and there is a trial - until then - there is just an investigation.

My husband HATES Cliff , but he said that Cliff may be a bit weird but he had done nothing wrong. Speaks volume - and I donīt know if there are other people who hates Cliff even more - or just as much.
I completely agree with you all these cases we have to wait for a trial and only after a verdict can we know the truth. Until then I feel sorry for any innocent person the victim and the wrongly accused.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 10:31 PM

It does seem to be the case that people are guilty until proven innocent not the other way around.
TBH I have no idea whether Cliff Richard is guilty of anything or not, but as sparrowbjn says there are people who seem to want him to be guilty and to be quite pleased that there are suspicions.

There are a lot of abusers out there but they are just as likely to be the person you see every day of the week going to work and in the course of your every day life. They don't stand out as different.
It's a problem which goes right through society it's all around, focusing on this or that celebrity is almost beside the point.
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

04-03-2015, 10:39 PM

Furthermore, as Paul Gambachini has said it shouldnīt take a year to decide whether or not to take it to court - no matter how thorough the police have to do things. The police are there to gather evidence and present it to CPS. If they take more than 6 months on each victim in the Rotherham case - well, that is 8400 months - and on top of that they did not even reveal the outcome in the Cliff probe. I think I had better stop here - that is so...NOT right. Is this the UK I have thought so much about - no, but as my hubby says - well, the police, the BBC and the trolls are not all of the 50 million people that live in the UK (I donīt know the exact number, sorry)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by sparrowbjn ->
Furthermore, as Paul Gambachini has said it shouldnīt take a year to decide whether or not to take it to court - no matter how thorough the police have to do things. The police are there to gather evidence and present it to CPS. If they take more than 6 months on each victim in the Rotherham case - well, that is 8400 months - and on top of that they did not even reveal the outcome in the Cliff probe. I think I had better stop here - that is so...NOT right. Is this the UK I have thought so much about - no, but as my hubby says - well, the police, the BBC and the trolls are not all of the 50 million people that live in the UK (I donīt know the exact number, sorry)
I think a lot of us are mystified shocked and unhappy at how it's all going over here, we expect better form our country than we are being given at the moment.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 11:27 PM

I don't like what the media says with regards to these cases, writing a letter will solve nothing
If someone has made up their mind in relation to Cliff, whether he's guilty or not - then they're idiots ......

My point was its not our fault here the way the British system works and if this person feels they can put it to rights they could better inform the leagal system where they are going wrong rather than rant at all of us..

Im not sure about Denamrk but I know in a few European countries no one has their full name published when accused of something , the papers there say John S or Mr Mark Y when referring to the accused..

Page 13 of 34 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top