Join for free
Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 01:20 AM

Re: Shootings in California

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
The latest news is 14 dead, and gunmen on the loose.
So many innocent victims again.

Just heard 17 more were injured too. A policeman was shot too, but is alive.

Door to door searches are being carried out for a possible 3rd gunman hiding. At the moment they are not sure whether there were 2 or 3 gunmen though.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 02:23 AM

A bloke on a TV Current Affairs program here just said that this is 'Mass Shooting' number 352 in the USA this year !
(Apparently a 'mass shooting' is so-called where there are more than 4 victims).
That's more than one a day !

Statistically, one is about 50 times more likely to be shot in the USA than in Aus or the UK.

And it's never likely to change.
For starters there are already hundreds of millions of weapons in civilian hands - which they are never going to surrender.
It's already too late.
Besides, the looney-right and the NRA have too much electoral 'fire-power'.

Whilst there are obviously intelligent yanks who are not gun-crazy, they are never going to win.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
The latest news is 14 dead, and gunmen on the loose.
So many innocent victims again.
I heard ( but I may be wrong ) that the shootings were at a centre for disadvantaged or disabled people .
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I heard ( but I may be wrong ) that the shootings were at a centre for disadvantaged or disabled people .
There are things called the Internet, the Worldwide Web and Google.
There, one may actually find stuff like

The Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino ... is a state-operated facility for developmentally disabled people.
The center is one of 21 facilities in California that help coordinate services and support people with developmental disabilities, like autism and cerebral palsy

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/l...-live-coverage

a center for people with developmental disabilities .....
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us...dino-shooting/

the Inland Regional Center, a social services office that aids people with developmental disabilities.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html

a conference room at the center, which was rented out by the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health for a banquet.
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...adino-shooting

a social services center for the disabled
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/us...ting.html?_r=0
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 07:03 AM

Sad, I know you from across the water see Amerika as Wild West City. Really there's a whole bunch of us who would see the 2nd amendment pulled. But the gun nuts have taken over.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 10:05 AM

I had a gun when I lived in SA, 38 special snub nosed revolver. I was talked into getting one by friends when there was a potential situation brewing.
It was supposed to make me feel safer but it didn't.
First of all I imagined I needed to grab it whenever I heard a noise and sneak about like someone in a movie!
Then I realised that if someone knew had a gun they were more likely to shoot me first before I had time to get it out of the holster! I'm sure I would never have fired it apart from at the gun club where I never once hit the target!
When I left I sold it to a friend who shortly got arrested for shooting at someone stealing his car!
I don't think anyone apart from military or police should be allowed them.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 11:36 AM

Both the Male and female killed were from the Middle east,He was a food inspector,worked for the health dept.this was planned,clearly a terrorist act.I own several weapons and have never been tempted to do anything like that,but then again I use common sense in any situation.Over 200 in the building's adjacent and no civilian had a gun because California has stricter gun laws about carrying weapons.It will come out they were radical Muslim's I'm sure.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:15 PM

It was stated on the news that one of the two people involved had been to some kind of party or meeting where the shootings took place and left 'in circumstances that were described as angry' and then returned with a second person and carried out the shootings .
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:26 PM

i turned it off last night because the reporters were not just asking stupid questions but repeating themselves.Once everything is shaken out and put in order,but right now the news reporters are just asking dumb and ignorant questions.And stating the the same comments they made earlier.Notice the shootout was not shown,and the body that was across the street from the SUV was blurred as it was laying near the curb,why is that?Right now they are spoon feeding,you get what info we deem necessary,The police nowdays are very careful about what is released,because the have been bit on the butt so many times in the past.Need to know is all they are releasing.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama

03-12-2015, 12:40 PM

The health dept.there was having a party of sorts awards or Christmas,this guy wanted to take out some BRASS with the dept.SYAD FAROOK and his wife or girlfriend were the shooters.

Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top