Join for free
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 03:28 AM

Should Madeleine McCann's parents accept blame?

Below is some of an article by Katie Hopkins in todays Daily Mail. The link to the whole article is below.
Sad to say, but in general terms, after I read the whole article, I have to agree with what she says here.
What do YOU think?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...me-let-go.html

KATIE HOPKINS: We'll never know what really happened to Maddie but her parents should accept their share of the blame and let her go.

I believe the truth is that Madeleine McCann (left) is never coming home. It is time to stop looking and stop imagining there is some happy ending to this sorry tale, writes KATIE HOPKINS. There is no amount of money the will right the wrongs of the past, no libel action that will cancel out the damage the McCanns inflicted on themselves.

Kate and Gerry McCann didn't deserve £11million of our cash to look for Maddie or try to resolve their consciences or salvage reputations. Others have greater need. If you really must blame someone, then Kate and Gerry are right there in front of you.

Here is what one of the posters said at the bottom of the article...
________
We all know what would have happened if they had been a couple living in a council estate nipping out across the road for a meal and a pint.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 03:38 AM

Re: Should Madeleine McCann's parents accept blame?

It was a brutal article but I agree in one way its time they let her go.
Its the saddest thing and they will live with it forever.
But Madeleine is long gone.
Please people don't make this thread into a McCann bashing fest.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 06:59 AM

I used to think they were the victims of some awful tragedy. Then I read some of the published transcripts of the police interviews.

That changed my mind.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 07:39 AM

I have said from day one that the parents let Maddy down, they left their children alone when they should've been protecting them.

The only saving grace is that it wasn't a triple tragedy.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:06 AM

Oh gawd!...not this again ..but if You must, don't You think You should have spelled the Surname properly?
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:27 AM

It's harsh but true
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:44 AM

I haven't read the article I don't need to.
A do wish cruel gossips everywhere would let this matter rest and stop picking at people's wounds .

Madeline's parents made a terrible mistake leaving a child alone for which they will spend the rest of their life paying. They do not need the added pain of never-ending gossip.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I haven't read the article I don't need to.
A do wish cruel gossips everywhere would let this matter rest and stop picking at people's wounds .

Madeline's parents made a terrible mistake leaving a child alone for which they will spend the rest of their life paying. They do not need the added pain of spiteful gossips.
they courted publicity so cannot complain when that publicity is negative, surely?

Saying that I'll always question Miss Hopkins' motives.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:12 AM

oh dear words come easy dont they 'especially from public view' the dread these two live every day they wake up to start another day is sheer hell 'if she was found dead life for them would have been far easier' both blame each other for what happened - we have all made mistakes with our kids at one time or another ' know i have -and i thort i was a perfect mum' it will never be put to rest coz what the media has made of it -not the parents- its a warning to all that have toddlers abroad or here ' !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
they courted publicity so cannot complain when that publicity is negative, surely?

Saying that I'll always question Miss Hopkins' motives.
I understand what you are saying Tpin, but wouldn't we all court publicity if we thought it would help discover what had happened to our children? It is easy to blame them for what happened, but haven't we all felt guilty if a child in our care sustains an injury because because we weren't watching them carefully? I do think they should now accept that they will never get her back, but I am not living with their pain of not knowing what has happened to her and wondering whether she is happy with another family, being used in the child sex industry or if she is dead.
As for Miss Hopkins motives...... isn't she just giving this tragic story more publicity so she can state her opinion on it?

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top