Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 10:07 AM

Isolation

Saying "I can't come out because of this virus' sounds a bit weak and ordinary

Try this instead -

"I have sworn a solemn oath of solitude until this pestilence has been purged from our land".

There - much more positive and commanding
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 10:41 AM

Re: Isolation

Originally Posted by zuludog ->

Try this instead -

"I have sworn a solemn oath of solitude until this pestilence has been purged from our land".

I have added chastity to the oath
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->

Try this instead -

Hold the fort, fight the good fight, we'll beat this together. Besides, if you want to see me I'll have to inject you with disinfectant first.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 12:09 PM

Just say no.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 01:22 PM

Isn't it easier just to say, "I can't come out because it is a criminal offence under the NSW Public Health Act 2010"?.

• Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020, effective 31 March 2020
  • Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Amendment Order 2020, effective 4 April 2020
  • Public Health (COVID-19 Spitting and Coughing) Amendment Order 2020, effective 20 April 2020.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what...do-under-rules
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 04:19 PM

I prefer, "Bugger off germy!"
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 11:58 AM

Anyone over "a certain age" is now trapped in his/her home, because of the higher risk of contamination.

Maybe the Noughties are happier now, knowing that the "oldies" are getting their comeuppance.

Trouble is, it looks like the master plan is failing as it's being reported that there's a lot of transmission, now, in the younger folk.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Anyone over "a certain age" is now trapped in his/her home, because of the higher risk of contamination.

Maybe the Noughties are happier now, knowing that the "oldies" are getting their comeuppance.

Trouble is, it looks like the master plan is failing as it's being reported that there's a lot of transmission, now, in the younger folk.

We "Boomers" are being seen as a needless drain on the NHS resources now more than ever.

As for a master plan, I really believe one does not exist but there is growing evidence that putting the seriously compromised on ventilators in many cases amounts to putting people aside and leaving it up almost to chance if they live or die.

Instead use of CPAP equipment has a much better outcome but requires more attention.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top