Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 05:51 PM

Stupid Baby names, whats the worst you've heard?

Just got back from the shops , where i heard this women call her child .. Pax ...

Whats up with the good old names like : Floras , Doras ,Elizabeth ,Stanley, George, .... Owt but Pax .

At first i thought she was talking to a dog , but no , to my amazement there was only her ,the kid and me ... and i know im not called Pax .

p.s. .. Sorry if your name is Pax , but come on !
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 06:14 PM

Re: Stupid Baby names, whats the worst you've heard?

The celebrities call their kids some daft names, like Fifi Trixibelle Geldof, for example. Poor child.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
The celebrities call their kids some daft names, like Fifi Trixibelle Geldof, for example. Poor child.
Yep you spot on there Mollie ,

Suri Cruise .. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes daughter might have thought twice about naming her Suri if they'd known that it means "pickpocket" in Japanese, "turned sour" in French, and "horse mackerels" in Italian
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 06:41 PM

One of Brad Pitts adopted children is called Pax. Probably the reason they have given their child this name.
Lots of people seem to be giving children surnames for their first names eg. Taylor, Jackson, Cain, Reilly, Leyton.
Suppose they are better than River, Leaf, Apple.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 06:46 PM

I was amused to read the other day that Bob Geldof was berating his daughter Peaches for giving his new grandchild the name Astala. Sounds quite sedate to me, considering his four children are named Fifi Trixibelle, Pixie, Peaches and Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 09:36 PM

He'll be one of the new generation of test tube babies Dabby, I believe they come in handy Pax.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I was amused to read the other day that Bob Geldof was berating his daughter Peaches for giving his new grandchild the name Astala. Sounds quite sedate to me, considering his four children are named Fifi Trixibelle, Pixie, Peaches and Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof....

Then there are the three Michael Jackson children, all of whom have the first name Prince - even the girl!

There really are some very embarrassing names that people give to children. Imagine being 75 years old and your name being Heavely Hirani Tiger Lily etc.

My mum went to school with a girl called Pearl Button, and a friend of mine had two male colleagues at work named David Copperfield and Oliver Twist.
dabby
uk

17-05-2012, 10:29 PM

Like that one Jimmy ... Handy Pax ..Very Funny .

David Copperfield and Oliver Twist a mollie .... My mate always says he went to school with Ivor Bigun , but i never believed him .

like the Pearl Button ... Mollie .
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

18-05-2012, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by dabby ->
Like that one Jimmy ... Handy Pax ..Very Funny .

David Copperfield and Oliver Twist a mollie .... My mate always says he went to school with Ivor Bigun , but i never believed him .

like the Pearl Button ... Mollie .
It's true, but it's not fair what some folk name their offspring because they have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

Does anyone remember the football fanatic who tried to have his baby daughter christened with all the names of the team of (I think) Manchester United, years ago? Thank goodness the vicar or whatever they're called refused to do it.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2012, 07:33 AM

The so called famous people who name their children Brooklyn, Cruz etc are not full shillings IMO

There is a woman who lives near my Daughter and her daughters name is Penelope but she calls her daughter 'Thing ', it is come here 'thing', dont do that 'thing' be quiet 'thing'

Why do people have children and call them oddball names.

There's nowt wrong with Tom, Dick and Harry or even Molly, Dolly or Polly type names.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top