Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 08:16 AM

Wild and Windy Tuesday

Good morning everyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqsxaUc8o9A

It is very wild and windy here but dry at the moment. I picked up lots of dead soldiers on our walk this morning due to the strong winds blowing them over and scattering their contents around. If you jump whilst walk you could finish up 100yards down the lane it is that windy.
None of mother natures creatures were around and the farm cats were missing only the mooing of the cows in the milking parlour were to be heard.

Plans for today are staying indoors out of the gales, even lunch is at home and the afternoon willl be spent with a book in the company of Mr Hennessey and Mrs Fireside.

Have a great day all and if you have to venture out stay safe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 08:24 AM

Re: Wild and Windy Tuesday

Good Morning Bob and Everyone Gales up to 75-80 mph are up here in not-so-Bonnie Scotland at the moment! Scotland's weather has broken the records again by being the wettest!! Nothing unusual in that! We all have webbed feet up here

Sounds a good way for you, Bob, to spend the day - I will be doing the same but spending it with T L Carrell - a Shakespeare murder (modern day one)! The rain is buffeting off the side windows in here - it is quite scary!

Many thanks for the links!

Hope you all enjoy a good day and stay safe.

Take care.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 10:26 AM

Good morning to all and sundry on this wild morning in Sherwood ....

Wow Bob, dead soldiers with scattered contents? What's all that about?...

No plans for today other than chopping firewood, cooking macaroni cheese for lunch and walking the dogs if we have a break in the lashing rain... Fireside and book for me as well this afternoon methinks....

Have a great day if you can and my thoughts and best wishes go out to absent friends today..

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 10:27 AM

Good morning all gosh what a day. The rain is lashing down and the wind howling, I nearly got blown away taking Chloe out and she couldn't get back home fast enough and has now returned to bed .

It is almost dark here still, I think a little 'comforting' is called for on a day like this so I am going to make gingerbread men this morning which will fill the house with a warm sweet smell of baking

Have a good day however you spend it...
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 10:28 AM

Good morning everyone...extremely windy but dry so hopefully the ground will dry up a bit.

Haven't walked Bonnie yet but she's not bothered so will go out later on when hopefully the wind will have died down a bit

Lots of paperwork to do in office today and that's as exciting as my day gets!!

Enjoy your day folks with whatever delights you decide to do
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 10:41 AM

Good morning all. I must admit the comment about dead soldiers came across as a bit harsh Bob.

We actually have a chance of a dry day today with high temperatures around 51F, 10.5C. I might decide to pay the zoo a visit this morning after paying Jack the Cat a visit. I'll be attending the coffee clutch at McDonald's this morning so I won't be off to the zoo until around 11:00 this morning.

Thank goodness the holidays are finally past us. Now that everyone is broke they must return to work and stop all the extra days off garnered because Mondays are being handed out as extra days off. I've had to wait an extra 3 days to get my pension check because of all that. The mailman will have a full bag of goodies today for sure.

Have a good day today and try and stay on your feet and dry. Our rain is returning tomorrow and the rest of the week.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 11:16 AM

Good morning all. I must admit the comment about dead soldiers came across as a bit harsh Bob.
Bob the term 'deadsoldiers' is an expression used over here to mean half empty bottles/beer cans/ and in the licenced trade drink glasses.

I too am glad to see the back of the holiday and a return to normality. Your weather sounds quite reasonable today, enjoy your trip to the Zoo.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 11:17 AM

Barry, the 'Dead Soldiers' are the dust bins that the wind had blown over. When you see the bins all lined up waiting for collection they look like soldiers so when they are lying down they look dead. Sorry if this alarmed you.

It is still very windy but we are told the winds will drop later today.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Barry, the 'Dead Soldiers' are the dust bins that the wind had blown over. When you see the bins all lined up waiting for collection they look like soldiers so when they are lying down they look dead. Sorry if this alarmed you.

It is still very windy but we are told the winds will drop later today.
AB see my post above, perhaps the difference in the use of the expression is a regional thing . I thought you must have been besieged by NY revellers leaving their rubbish around.
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 12:41 PM

Hi!
We had a warm 33c day with strong easterly winds. Tonight 19c and tomorrow a real doozy, 36c, strong winds, rain and thunderstorms! Very tropical and unpleasant! Thanks for the explanations of "dead soldiers" I thought you must have walked through a park or garden and all the "soldier boy" flowers were flattened!! lol!! But of course, they don't flower til spring!! Having a senior (not so blonde (anymore) moment!!!
Keep warm and dry everyone!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top