Join for free
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 12:14 AM

Debbie dingle

At first I was with the 'she's becoming a bitch' camp, then I thought about it, especially after her outburst at the party. Everything she said was true, her teen mother left her with an alcoholic prostitute, from where she was rescued and dumped into 'the system', who send her to be fostered in perhaps the one place they should have avoided, where she discovers her family. A mother who was a teen prostitute and who had got pregnant by her cousin. Desperate to be loved she latches onto Andy, who dumps her fairly quickly. She finds herself pregnant, hides it and delivers the baby all alone in a shed. When she is finally acknowledged by her parents it is to find that they are the local con artists/villains/ne'er do wells.

Time passes, during which, her father kidnaps the local Lord of the Manor, and escapes with over a million quid, she discovers her boy friend is engaged to her mother, and her daughter develops a serious life-threatening condition the solution to which is to have a second child by her daughters father who has since becomes vicious wife beater. Oh and then her current boyfriend, who is married, has an affair with and finally leaves her for, her aunt! Is it any wonder the poor child, and let us face it she is still just a child,gets screwed up?

Mum and dad are villains and seem to get whatever they set their mind to, she is desperate to make her own mark, to provide for her kiddies and build her own 'Empire', and theirs is the only example she has. Problem is all everyone can see is the facade she puts up, no one has recognised the terrified child behind that facade, even after her outburst no one stopped to look at their own part in what she has become.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 02:44 AM

Re: Debbie dingle

Well! that's me brought up to date with Debbie's past, thanks Daisy, I missed years of Emmer when I was working and the story's way behind here in Oz altho' I didn't know Andy was a wifebeater ( can't stand 'im meself!)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 09:41 AM

Whilst it's all true she doesn't have to have a face like a slapped bottom all the time, she has a lot going for her, loving Grandparents, father and mother who until now would do anything for her, lovely children, two businesses, a warm home etc yet no matter what situation there she is looking like thunder yelling and screaming at anyone who stands still long enough.

And sadly having seen her on other programmes being herself she isn't even acting much in Emmerdale
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 12:50 PM

I thought she was heading for a nervous break down and was paranoid....most people who are nasty to others generally are paranoid about others doing nasty things to them....
mothballs
england
mothballs is female 

09-06-2013, 02:35 PM

Sometimes I want to smack her.

I can remember not too many years back she was dragging a dead body around the village in a wheelie bin trying to find somewhere to dump it. Quaint village life hey? Sometimes Emmerdale is more dangerous than an inner city.

And now she's selling dodgy vodka and drugs (?) ... though I'm not sure if she's still doing that as it's gone quiet.

she acts tough as nails ... but if you're going to tangle with the nasty boys it helps if you really are tough as nails and I don't see how you can be when you've 2 little nippers to protect and care for.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 03:54 PM

Um, it's a TV show, they have to keep people interested. She's not a real person. (But I'd still like to smack her too!)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top