Join for free
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 10:13 PM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

Originally Posted by Realist ->

The more that stupid people keep having the jabs, citing all manner of silly excuses for doing so, the more flu and other viruses spread further creating a self supporting fraudulent industry.
Realist, calling people who make up their own minds to have the flu jab 'stupid people', which you know full well includes many of our members here, is completely out of order. You do not have any qualifications and appear to be brainwashed by what you read. The flu jab can save many a life, especially those with vulnerable illnesses already.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 11:12 PM

My word, doesn't time fly.

Seven months this thread has been rambling on . . and on ..

Before we know it, it will be Autumn, and you know
what that means don't you?
It means this years Flu jab lectures will begin - as they do every flippin' winter!

That'll be nice.

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 10:46 AM

We usually have our flu jabs in October.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We usually have our flu jabs in October.
I will be first in the queue Tara

Knowing someone who was in their 50's fit and well and died after contracting flu helps to concentrate the mind.

I appreciate having the vaccination doesn't give me 100% protection against all strains of flu but as someone with asthma and a heart condition, any help is better than none.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The flu jab can save many a life, especially those with vulnerable illnesses already.
Utter unsubstantiated hogwash, nothing but rhetoric.

One glance at the Flu Mortality rates in the UK shows categorically that the numbers of people dying from Flu are going UP year on year not down. I have previously and dutifully posted up those numbers and the links to the government website pages where they are published. They are facts.

Thus the Flu vaccine is NOT doing what you claim it should do. If it had any efficacy at all the Flu mortality rates would be coming down.

The vaccine is not fit for purpose by any stretch of the imagination and thus should categoriclaly not be being rolled out across the nation. It's simply a money making venture predicated on a Campaign Of Fear.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:52 PM

Utter unsubstantiated hogwash, nothing but rhetoric.

One glance at the Flu Mortality rates in the UK shows categorically that the numbers of people dying from Flu are going UP year on year not down. I have previously and dutifully posted up those numbers and the links to the government website pages where they are published. They are facts.

Thus the Flu vaccine is NOT doing what you claim it should do. If it had any efficacy at all the Flu mortality rates would be coming down.

The vaccine is not fit for purpose by any stretch of the imagination and thus should categoriclaly not be being rolled out across the nation. It's simply a money making venture predicated on a Campaign Of Fear.
Oh for pity's sake you really are getting very boring on this topic. OK so you don't want to have a flu jab, fine don't have one, but stop going on about it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 05:45 PM

Oh for pity's sake you really are getting very boring on this topic. OK so you don't want to have a flu jab, fine don't have one, but stop going on about it.
Itr's not about ME not having a flu jab.

It's about exposing a fraudulent industry which is preying on weak and vulnerable people in order to make $billions.

Nobody is forcing you to be involved. Move along if you're not interested in the facts.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 05:54 PM

I had the flu jab once a few years ago and I ended up with the worst bout of cold and flu I have ever had. Never again.

If we can stay away from infections such as people sneezing and other people with the flu, plus keep ourselves warm, wash our hands and keep ourselves fit then we will go some of the way to avoiding the flu.
In most cases anyway, some are just prone to catching the flu I guess.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

08-08-2019, 06:11 PM

Itr's not about ME not having a flu jab.

It's about exposing a fraudulent industry which is preying on weak and vulnerable people in order to make $billions.

Nobody is forcing you to be involved. Move along if you're not interested in the facts.
I am not interested in your so called 'facts'.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 06:32 PM

I am not interested in your so called 'facts'.
I reckon it's the same as taking vitamins and completely useless cough medicines. If it gives people peace of mind that they are taking something that might make them feel better, then so be it.
'Fact' is though, the jury's out on if it works for everyone and I wouldn't waste my money

Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top