Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 12:19 PM

Re: Speed bumps

Now that's what you call a speed bump.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 12:21 PM

There are quite a lot of speed bumps in our neighbourhood, and they do seem to slow the traffic down, which is good.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 12:53 PM

Might be a better idea to remove the bumps and put up speed cameras, and everybody caught over 1mph over the limit would get a ticket.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 01:19 PM

I would very much welcome speed bumps in our road.🚕🚗🚚🚜
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by gardener ->
Do speed bumps serve their intended purpose. Those near my home are in my opinion a waste of time. Those affected by them didn't speed anyway whilst those intended to slow down over them speed on.

Perhaps the reason is that those drivers are not driving their own vehicles
Perhaps your speed bumps aren't bumpy enough. If you've ever hit a really bumpy one too quickly ..... you'll know the fear of death.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
They wouldn't be necessary if drivers respected speed limit signs.
Quite.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
These home made speed humps were the most effective I have ever seen. They work really well.

Yes, I've seen that before. What I found funniest about it is how the woman keeps distractedly pointing her camera back at her precious flowers. The Germans obviously have a similar sense of humour as us men, when it comes to the female species.

Seriously, speed bumps are only effective against those who value their cars.

I have seen TV fly-on-the-wall documentaries where the police are chasing stolen cars whose drivers don't give a toss about what happens to their ill-gotten gains in their eagerness to get away. I suspect that speed cameras are equally ineffective in such circumstances.

I can't believe that it isn't technologically possible, bearing in mind that most cars now have engine-control computers, to have short-range transmitters at appropriate locations to limit the speed of vehicles.

Naturally, police and other emergency vehicles would have no such electronic restrictions.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by bruce ->
these home made speed humps were the most effective i have ever seen. They work really well.

prima!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top