Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 11:21 AM

Re: Boris Johnson's New Bridge ....

Boris tends to have an over active imagination which needs curbing!
He needs to finish things he has allready started, like finish brexit
PROPERLY, thats priority No 1!!
Otherwise he is ok?
Donkeyman!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 12:14 AM

Well it's a long the same lines as when Joanna Lumley talked him into building a bleeding garden bridge across the Thames when he was Lord Mayor or Mayor whichever.

Yes it's amazing how these women talk him round after a night of passion if you can call it that.
I suppose that little Scottish weasel sorry PM let him have his way so the Scots could have this bridge built.

I suppose there is one good point here if that ammunition dump does go up then I think we could have heard the last of Scotland's Independence.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Well it's a long the same lines as when Joanna Lumley talked him into building a bleeding garden bridge across the Thames when he was Lord Mayor or Mayor whichever.

Yes it's amazing how these women talk him round after a night of passion if you can call it that.
I suppose that little Scottish weasel sorry PM let him have his way so the Scots could have this bridge built.

I suppose there is one good point here if that ammunition dump does go up then I think we could have heard the last of Scotland's Independence.
I'm surprised she has never gone into politics as she is incredibly influential.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 03:04 PM

I shouldn,t worry too much over this bridge nonsense, it will not be built, at least not in our lifetime or Boris,s either.
The cost of not only the bridge itself but everything else involved will be way beyond what any of us can even think about.
And 'if' it is how many years will it take to complete and by the time it is will we still be using HGVs to move things around the country when it is finished?
One thing we will never be able to control is the weather so I think this thing will be closed for longer periods than it is open as the weather in the Irish Sea is so unpredictable.
No. I think this is just a pipe dream at the moment. In maybe sixty/seventy years time it could be but at the present time there are far more important urgent matters to be sorted before any thoughts of a bridge to N Ireland.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top