Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 12:23 AM

Re: The Stuff of Dreams

Azure, You should’ve have become an actress!
Could you remember the lines from the films too?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I know what you mean Azure and I really do hope Rhett Butler did come back that night! I'm sure we can share him in our respective fantasies!

I watched Gentlemen prefer Blondes the other day, those were the days of real glamour. You don't see that any more.
AnnieS

I agree Glamour has all but gone even in men too.
Complete with all those beautiful fashions that really fitted the figure so well.

Very few head-turner these days

bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
No! not true, bakerman
Every man's Dream!! excluding you.
With all due respect, you have no idea how men feel. Or, for that matter, how we think.

It is certainly true that most men would love to have a romantic week-end with someone as beautiful as Scarlet.
However, trying to please her is another matter.
How would you like try and please Scarlet ? Hmm?

If a man of Rhett's caliber could not please Scarlet, then I submit that it could not be done. There is a point in a relationship when a man is tired of her bullshit and he just walks away, as did Rhett.

There is an old song from the 50's, titled "If you want to be happy" sung by Jimmy Soul, that in part went:
"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife." True. So true.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 01:01 AM

I understand that most truly beautiful women like to think that every man wants her. That is simply not true. That is a conceit on her part. Sex with ? Perhaps yes. But, to marry and live with ? No way !
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
With all due respect, you have no idea how men feel. Or, for that matter, how we think.

It is certainly true that most men would love to have a romantic week-end with someone as beautiful as Scarlet.
However, trying to please her is another matter.
How would you like try and please Scarlet ? Hmm?

If a man of Rhett's caliber could not please Scarlet, then I submit that it could not be done. There is a point in a relationship when a man is tired of her bullshit and he just walks away, as did Rhett.

There is an old song from the 50's, titled "If you want to be happy" sung by Jimmy Soul, that in part went:
"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife." True. So true.
Sir

Men that repeat Jimmy Soul. do not marry plain looking women.
Unless of course they want a servant in the kitchen wearing a pinny, sans make up making apple pie and is too tired to go out

By the way having being married for years and with three sons, and and six grandsons I think I do know something about Men

Especially as my Grandsons confide in me.
bakerman
Mexico

10-02-2020, 02:03 AM

Azure, Please take this into consideration.
What women share privately with other women is very seldom, if ever, shared with men. The same is true about what men discuss in private with other men. Darn few men would ever disclose what he is actually thinking/feeling to a female lover. Oh, he may SOUND like he is telling her the actual truth but deep within him something else is bubbling away. I know for a certain fact the same is true with many, but not all, women.

Case in point. Decades ago, a woman I loved deeply, told me on Christmas Day, that she was leaving me. Christmas day for Christ's sake. She then went on to tell me for the very 1st time, all that was making her angry. Had she told me weeks/months/years before, I would certainly have changed for her. But by holding it in and letting it fester, the relationship was doomed. That, Azure, is precisely what I have been trying to say.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 07:39 AM

Yep Bakerman, very few films made about that scenario, in a successful relationship, the adjustment period can take decades.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 11:24 AM

Let's not ask for the moon....we have the stars.

Said by Bette Davies in Now Voyager. I doubt anyone would say that these days for fear of being laughed at .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 03:49 PM

Azure, I thought this was a lovely post; one that speaks to the bloom of youth and the dreams that many girls. I was a bookish, late developer who couldn't figure out why all the other girls seemed to get the boys, so I dreamed a little and lost myself in my academics - a lot.

It's never to late for love, romance, and as for dreams, I think they inspire the creative mind. Good for you.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

10-02-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Azure, Please take this into consideration.
What women share privately with other women is very seldom, if ever, shared with men. The same is true about what men discuss in private with other men. Darn few men would ever disclose what he is actually thinking/feeling to a female lover. Oh, he may SOUND like he is telling her the actual truth but deep within him something else is bubbling away. I know for a certain fact the same is true with many, but not all, women.

Case in point. Decades ago, a woman I loved deeply, told me on Christmas Day, that she was leaving me. Christmas day for Christ's sake. She then went on to tell me for the very 1st time, all that was making her angry. Had she told me weeks/months/years before, I would certainly have changed for her. But by holding it in and letting it fester, the relationship was doomed. That, Azure, is precisely what I have been trying to say.
bakerman

Please don't take my comments personally as they are my opinions about the subject.

Do any of us really reveal all to spouse / partner?
Sometime people can feel they are living with a complete stranger.
It is very hard to be married to one person for years.
People grow apart and stay together because of lack of finances or convenience and make the best of it.
I do no think it is healthy to stay with a person where all love has died, whether Gay or not.

Re; you story about Christmas Day

That happened to my to young friend too

He left on Christmas Eve leaving his with two tiny children fatherless, to live with an older women. No presents or Cards for Christmas. Heartbreaking, but her family supported her
He is now alone as he was expected to marry the older women Serves him Right

The way people behave does not surprise me any more.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top