Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 04:12 PM

Re: Boris Johnson's New Bridge ....

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The money would be far better spent elsewhere, like the NHS, Policing, and the state of our roads for starters!

Yes I agree with you
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Bugger. Have just lost my post.

I'm not typing out that lot again.

Suffice to say, another waste of money on a vanity project that people neither need nor want.
I know how you feel Juddy, nha! Ha!
Donkeyman!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 06:20 PM

Suffice to say, another waste of money on a vanity project that people neither need nor want.
Rather than risk losing text try getting into the habit of highlighting text (Command key + 'A' key) and copying it (Command key + 'C' key) every few minutes. If you do lose some words then it's just Command key + 'V' key to get them back, that way you will never lose much text. This is on a Mac but I am sure the keys / instructions are the same or similar on Windows computers.

I've been on keyboards since the 1980s and very seldom lose text by doing that. We used to lose money if we lost text which was our work, that's a sure way of learning very quickly not to!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I know how you feel Juddy, ha! ha!
Donkeyman!
You too could do the same Donkeyman, it's easy enough and can save a lot of time.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Rather than risk losing text try getting into the habit of highlighting text (Command key + 'A' key) and copying it (Command key + 'C' key) every few minutes. If you do lose some words then it's just Command key + 'V' key to get them back, that way you will never lose much text. This is on a Mac but I am sure the keys / instructions are the same or similar on Windows computers.

I've been on keyboards since the 1980s and very seldom lose text by doing that. We used to lose money if we lost text which was our work, that's a sure way of learning very quickly not to!

You too could do the same thing Donkeyman, it's easy enough and saves a lot of time.
What or where is this command key BAZ, I am using a touch screen
Tablet??
Donkeyman!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What or where is this command key BAZ, I am using a touch screen Tablet??
Donkeyman!
Sorry Donkeyman can't help with such a new-fangled gadget, I've just bought a MacBookPro which has an ordinary qwerty keyboard and a touch pad, which incidentally is brilliant. The links below might help or perhaps someone on here knows and can help:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-u...-and-keyboard/

https://simplemind.eu/faq/keyboard-shortcuts/
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 07:12 PM

Ditto

What happened to his garden bridge over the Thames?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Ditto

What happened to his garden bridge over the Thames?

Here you are, Cinders . .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47228698
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 07:28 PM

This is NOT a new idea, it's been getting kicked around for the last few years and was the subject of discussion on the Call Kay programme on Radio Scotland a couple of times last year. People who phoned in either loved it or loathed it.
Not sure why the subject has raised it's head again...........Hhhhhmmmm.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/north...moon--1453026/

If you look at the date under the photo you'll see the actual News Article is from Oct 2018, and under that it was first being talked about in 2015.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

11-02-2020, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
This is NOT a new idea, it's been getting kicked around for the last few years and was the subject of discussion on the Call Kay programme on Radio Scotland a couple of times last year. People who phoned in either loved it or loathed it.
Not sure why the subject has raised it's head again...........Hhhhhmmmm.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/north...moon--1453026/

If you look at the date under the photo you'll see the actual News Article is from Oct 2018, and under that it was first being talked about in 2015.
I think Boris should stay away from bridges?
Donkeyman!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 09:15 PM

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top