Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 04:22 PM

Re: UK leases extra patrol ships!!!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Which we can ditch!
Yep...

Looks to me like we will adopt Norways model with a few changes to no-take zones and hopefully, landing and processing being done in UK ports.

That would be great.... ban the flag boats, ban the factory ships and super trawlers and have number of days at sea with a land everything you catch policy, with fishing zones based on species etc.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I assume that this system of 'quotas' is an EU idea!
BNot exactly JBR, Quotas were originally brought in to stop over
fishing!
But CFP of the EU is administered by EU to the advantage of EU!
Hence the dissatisfaction of UK fishermen,( note FISHERMEN )
not fishing interests!
So quotas are neccassary, but should be administered by fishermen,
with scientific guidance imo? Not bureacrats!
Donkeyman!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 02:24 PM

I read today that Spain has joined forces with France and Denmark by threatening the UK over fishing. HO HUM!

Brexit trade talks getting off to a great start with bitter losers Spain, France and Denmark having the gall to warn the EU will ‘’defend’’ the right of European fishermen to catch in British waters
Spain has stated that it too will challenge Boris’s pledge to take back full control of British waters from EU vessels after Brexit.
Spanish MEP Esteban Gonzalez Pons, addressed the EU Parliament as follows:-

“We’re going to negotiate with them in a stiff fashion as we do with any third country and we will defend our own. We will defend the decolonisation of Gibraltar, we are going to defend fishermen, those working at sea as well as those working on land. Our farmers, we are going to defend our products. If politicians in the UK want to become a third country, we’ll treat them like a third country”.

Oh dear! Seems like Pedro has easily forgotten that we are an Island Nation.
Now none of us are unaware of the strong feelings on both sides of this, but it is well known that the strict quota system over access to fishing stocks in our own waters has caused the virtual destruction of our own fishermen and industry on our coastlines, so to listen to these member state leaders now puffing their chests out and threatening us by demanding the EU negotiators deal with us in a ‘’stiff fashion’’ while pledging to ‘’defend’’ fishermen across the bloc, is frankly, quite laughable! I will happily put 20p into my swear box when I say “Bu...r off! Just try poaching in BRITISH WATERS and we will deal with you exactly as we have throughout history, with a cannonball up your backside. Spain, France and Denmark. (okay, admit some of the Vikings did manage to make it ashore but they still didn’t conquer us, did they?) They liked it here so much they decided to settle here instead! LOL.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 03:48 PM

Hi

Fishing is 0.1 % of our Economy.

Boris was at Eaton, not many fishermen there,but an awful lot of City Types.

I simply do not trust him.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Fishing won't be 0.1% of our economy for long though will it

What's Eaton got to do with anything ?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I read today that Spain has joined forces with France and Denmark by threatening the UK over fishing. HO HUM!

Brexit trade talks getting off to a great start with bitter losers Spain, France and Denmark having the gall to warn the EU will ‘’defend’’ the right of European fishermen to catch in British waters
Spain has stated that it too will challenge Boris’s pledge to take back full control of British waters from EU vessels after Brexit.

“We’re going to negotiate with them in a stiff fashion as we do with any third country and we will defend our own. We will defend the decolonisation of Gibraltar, we are going to defend fishermen, those working at sea as well as those working on land. Our farmers, we are going to defend our products. If politicians in the UK want to become a third country, we’ll treat them like a third country”.

Now none of us are unaware of the strong feelings on both sides of this, but it is well known that the strict quota system over access to fishing stocks in our own waters has caused the virtual destruction of our own fishermen and industry on our coastlines, so to listen to these member state leaders now puffing their chests out and threatening us by demanding the EU negotiators deal with us in a ‘’stiff fashion’’ while pledging to ‘’defend’’ fishermen across the bloc, is frankly, quite laughable! I will happily put 20p into my swear box when I say “Bu...r off! Just try poaching in BRITISH WATERS and we will deal with you exactly as we have throughout history, with a cannonball up your backside. Spain, France and Denmark. (okay, admit some of the Vikings did manage to make it ashore but they still didn’t conquer us, did they?) They liked it here so much they decided to settle here instead! LOL.

Did you spell Pons correctly SG???
Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Fishing won't be 0.1% of our economy for long though will it

What's Eaton got to do with anything ?
Hi

Even if we take it all back it will be less than 0.3% of our economy.

I should worry far more about your job,

You only have a six Month Contract.

Given that your posts are Public and Wrong, you will not be around long.

Neither will be your band bookings.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

12-02-2020, 04:50 PM

Hi

The combined fleets of the EU take 700,000 tons of fish from UK
waters every year Swimmy, not sure if thats quotas or actual??
94,000 tons equates to £88 million, so do the maths?
So as you can see our guys would be better off by at least
£616 million, should go quite a long way methinks?
We must ignore all the threats about our financial industry and trade
deals as most of the financial stuff will be things to do with
Insurance etc, which cant be disrupted innthe short term?
And as we run a deficit in our trading they will be damaging themselves if they play hard ball!!
About trusting Boris, l feel the same, but up to now he has made all
the righ noises so far imo, so if he continues like this, then ok!
If he doesnt the tories will not get another term in office?
Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-02-2020, 04:56 PM

Hi

Even if we take it all back it will be less than 0.3% of our economy.

I should worry far more about your job,

You only have a six Month Contract.

Given that your posts are Public and Wrong, you will not be around long.

Neither will be your band bookings.

I'm not worried about my job at all. Why would I ? I operate all over the world, not just Europe. As for the band, it continues to do really well, and I'll be working for some other bands as well.
What do you do that's so interesting ???? Nothing most likely, but you still feel the urge to attack those who do. You need to get a life, sad bitter little man

My six month contract is a rolling one - it's been like that for about 15 years on and off.

By the way, did you include processing, marine services, restaurants, pubs, B&B's, tackle shops, fishing equipment sales, tourism etc etc in your 0.3% ? No, of course you didn't because you have no idea how the world works
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I think Pedro has also forgotten that we don't take kindly to threats!

But of course the Diegos, like the Frogs, are much more adept at posturing and threatening than they are at backing up their words by practical means.

I think he has also forgotten that if he continues to annoy our people, we might just decide not to go to his country for our holidays. There are many other countries with a warm climate, beaches and cheap beer.

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top