Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 10:29 AM

Re: Tragic Horses

I think quite a lot of this boils down to gypsy's / pikey's whatever you want to call them.
No council or private house holders would do this kind of thing.
We have a lot of it down here is Essex horses and pony's left tied at the side of the major roads now and again they get free and get hit by cars or wagons it is very disturbing that such a large animal can go unnoticed right under the police and public gaze.
When I was working I often would be driving home in the early hours of the morning and continuously came across a pony and a very small grey miniature horse walking down the country lane . My health was very good then and I would take their ropes and guide them back into one of the local fields and closed the gates then telephone the local bobbies and tell them what I had done.
No good phoning them first they would take hours to turn up, so it was best to do it myself and then get my self home to bed instead of sitting waiting about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is terrible those poor animals .
Would the police do anything ?
Cruelty to animals is still an offence in the U.K. .

Seems a blind eye is turned where the gipsy's are involved Muddy!

Over 8,000 have signed the petition now, and it's gaining more and more every minute.
Meanwhile, the horses are still left there . .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I think quite a lot of this boils down to gypsy's / pikey's whatever you want to call them.
No council or private house holders would do this kind of thing.
We have a lot of it down here is Essex horses and pony's left tied at the side of the major roads now and again they get free and get hit by cars or wagons it is very disturbing that such a large animal can go unnoticed right under the police and public gaze.
When I was working I often would be driving home in the early hours of the morning and continuously came across a pony and a very small grey miniature horse walking down the country lane . My health was very good then and I would take their ropes and guide them back into one of the local fields and closed the gates then telephone the local bobbies and tell them what I had done.
No good phoning them first they would take hours to turn up, so it was best to do it myself and then get my self home to bed instead of sitting waiting about.

You're a good man bigfella.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Seems a blind eye is turned where the gipsy's are involved Muddy!

Over 8,000 have signed the petition now, and it's gaining more and more every minute.
Meanwhile, the horses are still left there . .
Ethnic minority aren’t they ( my eye and billy Martin)
Licence to ignore the lies of the land .
Also the police are basically afraid of them with good reason .
I m afraid I can’t get the link to the petition to work Mups .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 12:37 PM

https://www.change.org/p/help-the-we...0-49941c876556

Can you see the petition now Muddy?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You're a good man bigfella.
Just signed the petition Mups, bloody disgusting people around?
Hard to believe isnt it?
Surely its not impossible to find who owns the land?
Who repairs the fences for instance?
Regards Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-02-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Just signed the petition Mups, bloody disgusting people around?
Hard to believe isnt it?
Surely its not impossible to find who owns the land?
Who repairs the fences for instance?
Regards Donkeyman!

They know of the fields belongs to the local grammar school.
Some of the other fields surround the Whitworth's buildings but I don't know if Whitworth's own the surrounding land round their factory or not.

Gipsy's rarely have permission to use things anyway, they just do what they want. Same as when loads of them decide to park their caravans on farm land, parks/village greens and even one I saw not long ago - on a school playing field!!

Several times that I know of, the fencing has been broken down, whether it be yobs thinking it funny, or cars running into it, or even the horses themselves rubbing against it, but I know severla times the horses have been out on the road and had to be rounded up again.

I can't see why if those people all deny they are the owners, the ponies can't be classed as 'dumped' and therefore taken away to Redwings or somewhere.
In fact, they'd probably be better off put down than dying slowly as they are now.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 07:18 PM

Have just heard on the local news that sadly two horses have died during the storms. It does sound very much like those that were highlighted in this thread.

It's well before time that animals like these should not be allowed to just be left on any land, the owners should be found and prosecuted. If there's something wrong and it's not possible to do this by law for any reason, then the law should be changed to allow this to happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-51531114
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-02-2020, 11:24 PM

Yes Baz, it is same horses I wrote about. You can see I wasn't exaggerating!
They still haven't been moved from those river fields.

I drove past them on the way to my vet's today, and I saw a police car there.
Not sure if it was because of the state of the horses, or I suppose it might have been for another matter altogether.

On the news tonight a young woman said she has phoned various charities, including the RSPCA, World Horse Welfare, local vets, local rescues, the local MP . . . and yet still they are there, with their field tonight totally underwater except for about a 6ft slope of mud around the edge.
Their hooves must be rotten.

Unbelievably despicable owners. That's the gipsies for you!

I suppose they daren't own up now, because they don't intend to pay the vets fees or get fined for neglect.

Over 9,000 people have signed a petition now.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
https://www.change.org/p/help-the-we...0-49941c876556

Can you see the petition now Muddy?
Yes thank you Mags
I have signed .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top