Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 06:54 PM

Recovering deleted photos

A few weeks back, I deleted some photos on my iPad. Later whilst sorting things on the iPad I saw the deleted pictures.
I don’t know where they were.
But now I would like to recover some of them.
Is it possible, and where would I find them?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 07:19 PM

Re: Recovering deleted photos

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
A few weeks back, I deleted some photos on my iPad. Later whilst sorting things on the iPad I saw the deleted pictures.
I don’t know where they were.
But now I would like to recover some of them.
Is it possible, and where would I find them?
When photos are deleted on my MacBook Pro or iPhone it's possible to find them within 30 days as it takes that amount of time before they are completely 'deleted'. During that time they are stored in a 'Deleted photos folder' which may be where you saw them. I don't know the iPad but I would guess it's the same, also photos are stored on iCloud if that is how devices are set up.

Link below should give you all the information you require:

https://www.macworld.com/article/333...e-or-ipad.html
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 07:56 PM

I would never use anything else than a proper camera to take photos with. they go straight to a memory card. Even if that memory card photos get deleted, using SanDiosk cards there is a recovery program to get the back.
I don't trust online programs like photobucket or any other , we all know what happened to photobucket, cloud or flicker or any other could go the same way.

Best to save on an extrnl hard drive then you are in control of what happens to them
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 08:31 PM

If your photos are recently deleted, you may still be able to find them...

1. Open Photos app on iPad

2. Go to Album > Other Albums > Recently Deleted.

3. Tap Select, choose the photos you want to save.

4. Tap Recover to send deleted photos back to your camera roll.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 08:38 PM

Can I butt in and ask how to recover on a desktop?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
If your photos are recently deleted, you may still be able to find them...

1. Open Photos app on iPad

2. Go to Album > Other Albums > Recently Deleted.

3. Tap Select, choose the photos you want to save.

4. Tap Recover to send deleted photos back to your camera roll.
Thanks Mags.
Just did that but the ones I wanted have run out of time and have gone. Ah well nice try.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Thanks Mags.
Just did that but the ones I wanted have run out of time and have gone. Ah well nice try.
Aww... that's a shame Emjay.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

15-02-2020, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I would never use anything else than a proper camera to take photos with. they go straight to a memory card. Even if that memory card photos get deleted, using SanDiosk cards there is a recovery program to get the back.
I don't trust online programs like photobucket or any other , we all know what happened to photobucket, cloud or flicker or any other could go the same way.

Best to save on an extrnl hard drive then you are in control of what happens to them
The thing is Realspeed, it is not always convenient to take my proper camera with me. Alas, the day of the phone camera has arrived and taken over.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Aww... that's a shame Emjay.
Not necessarily lost forever though. Reading through the link I gave in post #2 the following was found (seventh paragraph) with a link for Apple Support, they are very good with help so that may be worth a try:

"However, we have heard from several readers that Apple may able to restore images deleted from iCloud Photos within a short period of deletion. Visit Apple Support and file a customer-service request."

https://support.apple.com
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

15-02-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Not necessarily lost forever though. Reading through the link I gave in post #2 the following was found (seventh paragraph) with a link for Apple Support, they are very good with help so that may be worth a try:

"However, we have heard from several readers that Apple may able to restore images deleted from iCloud Photos within a short period of deletion. Visit Apple Support and file a customer-service request."

https://support.apple.com
Now that you mention that Baz, I seem to think that is where I saw them. As I recently was using Apple support for something else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top