Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 05:10 PM

Re: Caroline Flack found dead at 40

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Some people reckon that suicide is the coward's way out. You can believe me when I tell you it is not, it's just the opposite. It takes an awful lot of courage and willpower to knowingly top yourself.
We all tend to look at suicide from a logical and rational point of view, that's why we can't understand it. But logic and rationality are far from the suicidal mind....
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 05:21 PM

The Freedom of The Press?
I think they have too much b+++++ freedom at times meddling into other peoples affairs. Take the business going on with Prince Harry. Surely he is entitled to lead a life of his own without being hounded from pillar to post by the media. Whether we agree with what he wants to do or not do is his business and his alone.
There is far too much interfering into other peoples business by the 'gutter' press causing distress and unhappiness.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Discussing caroline with my sister we question WHY ?

What can have been so bad that couldn't be sorted out . I think maybe some of us are stronger than others even in our darkest times .

From the outside looking in it appeared she had it all so to hear this is so very sad .

But WHY
She'd been sacked and was still facing the court case despite her boyfriend saying the charges were not correct . A good enough reason I suppose when you've been a shining star and now you're not and so many are throwing sticks and stones at you?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
But she was previously the presenter of Love Island , not a contestant.
Maybe losing this lucrative job led to her depression?
In terms of domestic abuse for it to be taken seriously the law has to apply equally to both sexes.
And it was the boyfriend who initially called the police to report the assault.
Poor man, he must be very confused adoring her but unable to cope with violent outburst. After her court appearance she wrote on Social media account: “This is the worst time of my life. I don't know where to go to. Where to look. Who to trust. Or who I even am.” Also reported that in presence of police officers she threatened to kill herself.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 07:09 PM

Never knew who she was have no TV

Could not give a toss why she killed her self.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 07:25 PM

Reading newspaper articles it is obvious there were problems with personal relationships. Alcohol also resulted in some bad press.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rn-claims.html

https://www.look.co.uk/news/caroline...m-video-571302

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/ente...ship-timeline/

harry styles, october 2011
Oh, the gender double standards and faux outrage when Caroline began dating Harry Styles. Caroline, who was 31 at the time, was co-hosting The Xtra Factor with Olly Murs, while Harry, then 17, had come second with One Direction on the reality TV show the year before.

As they were both working for Simon Cowell, Caroline revealed they tried to keep their relationship under-wraps, until he was photographed leaving her house in the morning.

In her autobiography, the TV star wrote: "I already knew that he had a crush on me, he's made it pretty obvious as he's said it in magazines and said it to friends. I've never felt I was much older than Harry. I still feel 18 and I probably act that way half the time. Although it was just a bit of fun we decided it was best to keep it to ourselves as we were both working for Simon Cowell."

She added that it started to go wrong when she was harassed in the street by members of the public over their 14-year age gap.

“It began to go wrong when he was pictured coming out of my house one morning," she continued. "And that was that. In the street people started shouting 'paedophile' at me in the street and 'pervert'."

Disgusting from people who never knew her. Can't help but feel sympathy for her.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 10:27 PM

anyone who wouldn't feel sorry for her must have a hard heart.

I think it's safe to say the night of the fight where she hit him over the head with a lamp she was probably drinking, of course I don't know this for sure but I would guess I'm right.

She must have been going crazy because he called the cops begging them to help him, he said she was going to kill him. I read because she had found some texts on his phone she was accusing him of cheating, of course I don't know how true that is.

She was a troubled woman and being such a high profile figure in the media it certainly didn't help with her troubles. My guess is she drank to cope with all the attention, of which unfortunately she had a lot of negative attention.

There has been talk of them taking Love Island off the television but I'm not sure what that would achieve, it won't bring Caroline back and I do know she loved working on the show, I think she wouldn't want them to close the programme down, it was her 'baby'

I wonder if losing her job on the show was the final straw and it all became too much for her to cope with.

The poor, poor woman, I, like many people are so upset to know she felt the need to kill herself, it seems a combination of alcohol, her thinking her boyfriend had cheated, her hitting him so hard with the lamp, the police being involved, the prosecution, the court case looming, the negative press and the vile keyboard warriors all became too much for her to deal with and in her mind committing suicide was the only way she could see out of the mess.

Heartbreaking. I do hope her boyfriend wasn't cheating and it was in her head because if he was I can imagine he will blame himself for ever more for the death of the woman he says he loved so much. I really hope that wasn't the case because that would be hard for him to live with too.

RIP dear Caroline and my thoughts and prayers go out to all who loved her, especially her family.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 10:50 PM

40 years old, maybe something happened 35 years ago that triggered a pattern, just maybe it wasn't last week.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 10:56 PM

I don’t think tha the media can be blamed for everything .
People have always committed suicide before the advent of the internet .
They have gone unknown and often unlamented .
Others have been people of means whose self destruction seems inexplicable to others who struggle with poverty and hardship
Life just affects some people that way they are not resilient .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We all tend to look at suicide from a logical and rational point of view, that's why we can't understand it. But logic and rationality are far from the suicidal mind....
Depends on the situation. In WWII those caught would sometimes commit suicide rather than be killed by the enemy and tortured to death. Perhaps for her the trial and potential incarceration seemed like worse than death. There is only so much a person can take. Everyone has a breaking point.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top