Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 09:27 AM

Good morning Monday.

Morning everybody.

This morning the grandchildren are arriving for a 2 day visit. Ady & Paula are going on a mini break with their friends.
I've been going round the websites trying to find a pool that has a family fun session. Found one near to home that has one so that's sorted for tomorrow.

Not sure what we're going to do with them today. I'm thinking maybe go to the Easy Midlands Designer Outlet. They have a very good play area there which Josh loves. I can leave Tony watching Josh while Taylor & I look round the shops.

Outdoor activities are out that's for sure. The park behind us is like a swamp!!

Have a good day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 09:32 AM

Re: Good morning Monday.

Good morning Carol and those who follow...

A much brighter day today, calm and sunny at the moment.

Going into town this morning, bank and a bit of shopping to do. Hopefully I won’t have to do too much walking.

Enjoy your day everyone...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 09:54 AM

Good morning everyone.

Still wet and windy here!

Housework day at Tabby Towers - the laundry goblins are already lurking - deep joy!

Have a fun day.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 09:59 AM

Hi

Still windy, but nowhere near as bad as it was.

We have very heavy cold showers,

A stay in day.

Have a good day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 10:00 AM

Good morning everyone still blustery.

I am in confusion this morning, the dustbin men who usually collect at 12 came at 8am. No one had put their bins out because of the continuing storm and I just manage to catch them when returning from my walk. The milkman hasn't been he is on the other side of the river and we are cut off on this side with all the river crossings closed as far down as Gloucester and right up to Shropshire. Both bridges into Worcester are impassable, it's a good job it is half term.

I am going to venture out to the Drs 5 miles away going the long way around avoiding the river to collect my medication and hope there some staff have managed to get in to work.

Enjoy your day
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 10:02 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

Dry but still windy here. After a stormy night with yet more rain the forecast is for a fine,
dry start with outbreaks of rain later, sometimes heavy with a chance of hail or thunder.
Maximum temperature 8ºC.

No set plans, other than keeping dry and warm. Mundane household chores to do!

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 10:43 AM

Went on my dog walk just before storm Denis on Saturday and came upon a goat giving birth in the middle of the field and the kid was in a small ditch and could not get out. when I came with my dogs the goat ran off and I took the kid out of the ditch and then saw another kid lying in the middle of the field just about alive. then storm Denis hit and I was struggling around with the 2 babies and sinking into mud holes etc. I thought I'd have to bring them home but I came across a barn, in the middle of the bog at this stage, and there were goats with 2 kids there so I made the dogs stay (I have to say they were very good) and I put the kids in the barn. then I went into a neighbour who knows the owner and I told him he better get down there storm or no storm. Honestly, some people!!!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 10:59 AM

Well done Noolsg, a good samaritan indeed, all credit to you. 👍

Good morning all, still breezy here but the gales have subsided and it isn't raining, so after coffee I will go back up onto the flat roof to try to repair our temporary repair, which has been letting water into the kitchen over the weekend, and more rain is forecast before we've any chance of getting the roofers here. Hopefully the insurers will ring back today with a settlement decision, but I won't be holding my breath...

Have a good day everyone
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning everyone still blustery.

I am in confusion this morning, the dustbin men who usually collect at 12 came at 8am. No one had put their bins out because of the continuing storm and I just manage to catch them when returning from my walk. The milkman hasn't been he is on the other side of the river and we are cut off on this side with all the river crossings closed as far down as Gloucester and right up to Shropshire. Both bridges into Worcester are impassable, it's a good job it is half term.

I am going to venture out to the Drs 5 miles away going the long way around avoiding the river to collect my medication and hope there some staff have managed to get in to work.

Enjoy your day
That's nothing, we have been cut off from France always.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
That's nothing, we have been cut off from France always.
Not true, you forgot the channel tunnel, RS.

Good morning Everyone.

Still a bit blustery here & wet, garden is sodden.
Weekend was also very wet. Roll on Spring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top