Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:18 PM

Re: 'Costs soar at hotel of mum and dad'

Prices of houses are off the scale these days and the deposit they want is far more than any of us were required to pay. I don't care what anyone says it's not as easy these days. I think working 60 hours then doing a full time midwifery course is enough for anyone. He doesn't need the added pressure of trying to buy a home at the moment too.

Owning a home isn't the be all and end all either nothing wrong with renting at all. Its the obsession with owning ruined the housing system in this country.

Many of us are perfectly happy anyway with them staying home for a while, I'd rather know I am doing his washing and looking after him than worry about if he is getting enough rest and food living on his own.

I doubt Grace will ever leave home we don't find that a burden if anything its something we enjoy,
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:00 PM

Re: 'Costs soar at hotel of mum and dad'

I agree Julie .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top