Join for free
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 08:01 AM

Everybory Out! - Part 3

Adrian ambled over to a leather chair against the wall and leaned back, crossing his legs. He re-crossed them, then placed both feet firmly on the floor. It was difficult to appear relaxed when you were sitting on your own and not sure who might suddenly pop out of one of the doors, but he attempted a semi-recumbent pose. He was dying for a fag and hoped that whoever turned up was a smoker. It really was too bad though, he thought irritably. It was bang on the right time, he’d made the effort and …. “Good morning sir.” The voice breathed softly just behind his right elbow and Adrian nearly shot out of his chair. He had heard nothing, no footsteps, no door opening. The woman standing patiently a few feet away was the most beautiful creature he’d ever laid eyes on, and that included any of the celebs he lusted after on TV. She was tall, willowy and pale, and the overhead lights brought her red-gold hair to life with tiny sparks as if her head was on fire. She wore a tailored suit of palest cream, very simple and yet, and yet … Adrian felt dizzy and slightly sick, as if wakening from a fever and finding the room off-skew without quite understanding why. The woman’s eyes met his. Those eyes! Palest blue, almost colourless as if the incessant rain outside had washed any colour right out of them leaving just the faintest residue. Stone washed demin, thought Adrian wildly. No, blind man’s eyes. Was she blind?

The woman held out a narrow, white hand with colourless nails and delicate veining. She held his gaze without expression, but her lips curled up slightly as if aware of the impression she was giving and it pleased her. “Are you good with your hands, Adrian?” she asked softly.

Adrian. How the hell does she know my name? Did I mention it on the phone? Of course, I must have done. How else would she know? Wild meandering thoughts chased each other across Adrian’s mind, chaotic, panicked. “Pull yourself together, man” he reprimanded himself. “It’s a job interview, for God’s sake.”
Adrian took a breath, sucked in his ample stomach and smiled ingratiatingly.
“Well yes, I am. Extremely good. I can fix most things actually. Machinery, electronic equipment, computers. Something of an expert, me.”

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top