Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:33 AM

Poor me Harry (Caution, rant alert)

I really used to like Prince Harry, thought he was a good bloke doing his army service and so on, but I'm afraid he is rather peeing me off of late.

Once again he is taking a private jet to speak at a meeting of billionaires, no doubt for a small fortune, and all he has to say is "poor me, poor me" and beg for sympathy over the death of his mother!

Come on Harry, give us a break from your problems and think about the abject misery of some of the billions of less fortunate people in the world who have lost their mothers too. Ever looked at the reports of the bombing of Idlib lately, or the daily slaughter in Yemen for a couple of instances!

It seems to me that all he wants now is the pursuit of even greater wealth and to hell with duty and good works which is OK, but just stop patronising the rest of us with your pretend piety!

Rant adjourned...
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:36 AM

Re: Poor me Harry (Caution, rant alert)

Carry On Ranting Barry i'm sure your sentiments reflect what a majority of people on here think.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Carry On Ranting Barry i'm sure your sentiments reflect what a majority of people on here think.
I agree!

Harry has become one right royal pain in the bottom!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 11:25 AM

He was born into privilege,suck it up,he's not the only child who lost a mother.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
He was born into privilege,suck it up,he's not the only child who lost a mother.
Nor will he be the last.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 11:58 AM

Of course this may only be speculation and rumour, but:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...aking-21453460

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have spoken at their first paid-for event – *earning an estimated £400,000 from the bank that sparked a global trading scandal*.

The prince and Meghan, 38, joined bankers at South Beach’s 1 Hotel on Thursday night, where rooms cost up to £4,500 per night.

Public relations experts said they could have commanded anything up to £750,000.

*JP Morgan was fined more than £7billion in 2013 and 2014 for scandals including rigging foreign exchange markets.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 12:08 PM

It may be a rumour but it is quite believable in a world where companies are prepared to cough close on a million dollars for one after dinner speech.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
It may be a rumour but it is quite believable in a world where companies are prepared to cough close on a million dollars for one after dinner speech.
It's tax deductible so with the right turnover and good accountants the real cost to a corporation can be surprisingly low or with the help of a following wind - no cost at all.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I really used to like Prince Harry, thought he was a good bloke doing his army service and so on, but I'm afraid he is rather peeing me off of late.

Once again he is taking a private jet to speak at a meeting of billionaires, no doubt for a small fortune, and all he has to say is "poor me, poor me" and beg for sympathy over the death of his mother!

Come on Harry, give us a break from your problems and think about the abject misery of some of the billions of less fortunate people in the world who have lost their mothers too. Ever looked at the reports of the bombing of Idlib lately, or the daily slaughter in Yemen for a couple of instances!

It seems to me that all he wants now is the pursuit of even greater wealth and to hell with duty and good works which is OK, but just stop patronising the rest of us with your pretend piety!

Rant adjourned...
Yep, got to agree with you Barry, he seemed really sincere before he met Meghan. but we've got to be careful what we say or be accused of 'Racism'....I didn't even know she wasn't white.... Anyway, whatever colour she is, it doesn't alter the fact that they seem to be taking the P!ss....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 01:04 PM

I liked Harry too but I'm not sure of my feelings towards him now . Maybe he is carrying a deep anger towards the royals due to the way his mum was treated and stripped of HRH . Maybe this exit is a way of saying he doesn't need them . He is a lucky lad due to his privileged life but of course his loss of mum , well a lot of us know that pain .

I expect hes texting his brother anyways .

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top