Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 08:06 PM

The Stuff of Dreams

Daydreaming and fantasizing keeps us sane in a world of strife and battle,
And the most wonderful inventions are the result of famous persons dreams.

When ever I read a book or see a Drama or film on TV or Cinema I used to take on the role of the romantic Heroine

When young I used to; Walk like them ,Talk like them and Act like them.

I was once Jane Russell lying in the hay smoldering, so I wore my tightest sweater much to small, and proceeded to go out "Get that thing off" shouted Mother ."Going out like the dressed like a tart" "She was an actress mum, and famous said I" "Yes! and we all know why" said she.

Latter I was Lady Chatterley lying in the long grass in the woods and being covered with sweet smelling Flowers by Mellors, No sex involved

How exciting to be galloping at 100 MPH in Russia on the Tundra as Julie Christy on a fast horse clinging on to Omar Sharif.

Then I was Kathy in 'Wuthering Heights' charging across the Yorkshire Moors with Heathcliff.

And so glamorous as Vivien Leigh in 'Gone with the Wind
When Clark Gable walked off saying " Frankly, I don't give a damn" He didn't mean it ,as he was back that night!

Now I am much too old for romance, but compliments are very welcome from family and friends, and all the lovely people on OFF who compliment me on my paintings.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 10:14 PM

Re: The Stuff of Dreams

Azure - bite your tongue! No-one is ever too old for romance!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:16 PM

I know what you mean Azure and I really do hope Rhett Butler did come back that night! I'm sure we can share him in our respective fantasies!

I watched Gentlemen prefer Blondes the other day, those were the days of real glamour. You don't see that any more.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:20 PM

Oh, surely not Scarlet O'Hara ? She was a self-centered , manipulative little bit*h. Every man's worst nightmare. Unfortunately, Rhett did not discover this until it was too late.

Melanie was 100 times the woman that Scarlet was.

As for Rhett Butler, I like to think he kept walking into the night and fog, never to return.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:25 PM

Scarlett was just high spirited and vivacious!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:26 PM

I dunno, folks who are lone wolves seem to lack passion, most thespians are lone wolves, they exude passion, in a professional capacity.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:27 PM

Dreams may be bullshit.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Dreams may be bullshit.
I respectfully disagree. It all depends upon what your dreams are. IMO, most people, male and female alike, do not truly understand what they want/need. And, if they don't understand themselves, how can they ever hope to explain it to their significant other ?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Azure - bite your tongue! No-one is ever too old for romance!
Thank you Silver Tabby.
There is still hope for me yet then?

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

10-02-2020, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Oh, surely not Scarlet O'Hara ? She was a self-centered , manipulative little bit*h. Every man's worst nightmare. Unfortunately, Rhett did not discover this until it was too late.

Melanie was 100 times the woman that Scarlet was.

As for Rhett Butler, I like to think he kept walking into the night and fog, never to return.
No! not true, bakerman

Every man's Dream!! excluding you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top