Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 07:00 PM

Inedible foods.

Now I have a wide and varied diet. There are very few foods that I find inedible. Porridge is one and whelks is another.
I tried whelks only once, never again. Now I have tried to eat porridge more than once, because it's good for you. I have given up after trying it again today and being unable to swallow it. Yuk. disgusting stuff.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 07:40 PM

Re: Inedible foods.

Hi Mall,

I love Porridge, have it nearly every morning, I make mine out of half soya milk and half water.

Don't like Whelks though, Scallops are ok.

Sue xx
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 07:51 PM

I love porridge as well. Have it every morning. I make it with water in the Microwave put a Teaspoon of Honey in, a splash of milk to cream it up & cool it down & add a handful of raisins, grapes, berries whatever Ive got in- I look forward to breakfast Cant stand whelks or any of them shellfish types either or tinned Sardines OH loves sardines though & I have to hold my nose when im doing them for him
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 08:01 PM

Sorry but I love my porridge as well.. I mix mine with milk and microwave it for two minutes then add a teaspoon of honey for a bit of sweetness... scrummy...

Stangely the food I cannot force myself even to try is tomato sauce. I love tomatoes and can and do eat tomatoes in virtually every form, but the thought of tomato sauce out of a bottle for some reason fills me with revulsion...
Weird or what...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 08:03 PM

Hubby said you are not making the porridge correctly...it should have lumps in, so that you can chew them.

Whilst growing up we had a lot of shell fish, whelks, winkles, mussels and cockles, all for Sunday tea but I only ate shrimp and winkle sandwiches. with vinegar and white pepper.
The rest I hated and I don't like winkles now either
I can't stand tripe either....don't even know if you can buy it anymore...not seen it for years.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Sorry but I love my porridge as well.. I mix mine with milk and microwave it for two minutes then add a teaspoon of honey for a bit of sweetness... scrummy...

Stangely the food I cannot force myself even to try is tomato sauce. I love tomatoes and can and do eat tomatoes in virtually every form, but the thought of tomato sauce out of a bottle for some reason fills me with revulsion...
Weird or what...
Not at all Barry. I dislike tomato ketchup and tomato soup but I love tomatoes and home made, tomato based sauces.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Very rare I am ill, but if I have ever been ill I either will want to eat
toast with butter on or porridge with honey on it. Always have honey in my tea in a morning cant do without it. Dont know what I will do next year when there might not be alot of honey around due to the bad weather
of this year. Shortages are predicted. Never had Whelks and dont like
sea food so no problem there then lol.
mesco m
manchester

29-11-2012, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Hubby said you are not making the porridge correctly...it should have lumps in, so that you can chew them.

Whilst growing up we had a lot of shell fish, whelks, winkles, mussels and cockles, all for Sunday tea but I only ate shrimp and winkle sandwiches. with vinegar and white pepper.
The rest I hated and I don't like winkles now either
I can't stand tripe either....don't even know if you can buy it anymore...not seen it for years.
Smooth porridge is bad enough, I can't even swallow that. But lumpy porridge YUK.
I like all seafood apart from whelks. Agree about the tripe too and yes you can still buy it.
mesco m
manchester

29-11-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Very rare I am ill, but if I have ever been ill I either will want to eat
toast with butter on or porridge with honey on it. Always have honey in my tea in a morning cant do without it. Dont know what I will do next year when there might not be alot of honey around due to the bad weather
of this year. Shortages are predicted. Never had Whelks and dont like
sea food so no problem there then lol.
The only thing that I will eat when I am not well is toast and a boiled egg. Probably because I was tempted to eat it as a child when I wasn't well. I remember my Mother saying it would make me better.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2012, 09:42 PM

The only thing I can't eat is squid tentacles. Squid rings - OK.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top