Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 11:25 PM

Re: Inedible foods.

It sounds disgusting is it as bad as it sounds, and why would anyone want to eat it, unless they're starving not even sure I'd want it then. Ugh!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Oh dear Hazel - you kept your own teeth intact though, I hope.

No it broke my tooth, the dentist thought it was funny, I didn't I felt really sick and my tooth hurt, still suppose I was better off than the pig.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 12:09 AM

Yes Hazel it is as bad as it sounds, but some Norwegians like it, but i think only the older ones, most wouldn't get near it, but I have seen in a Resturant a group of Norwegians order it , eat it and then order it again. OH and you are supposed to drink Water and Aquavit or Vodka. i could send you a bit in the post for you to try
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 08:16 AM

Chitlins (not sure how it's spelled) - I vaguely recall this dish from childhood, tube-like stomach bits I think. Mmm, delicious - not.

Tripe! Yuk, the very look of it turns my stomach (no pun intended)

Any raw fish, even smoked salmon. Dad loved roll mop herrings in vinegar which looked horrible.

Spam - surprised you can still buy the bright pink processed slurry.

Tongue - never liked the texture of this either.

All together now ....

"Offal and cheap meat and raw fish and chitlins
These are a few of my least favourite things!"
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Yes Hazel it is as bad as it sounds, but some Norwegians like it, but i think only the older ones, most wouldn't get near it, but I have seen in a Resturant a group of Norwegians order it , eat it and then order it again. OH and you are supposed to drink Water and Aquavit or Vodka. i could send you a bit in the post for you to try
I'll just have the Aquavit thank you Graham matey.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

22-02-2013, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Chitlins (not sure how it's spelled) - I vaguely recall this dish from childhood, tube-like stomach bits I think. Mmm, delicious - not.

Tripe! Yuk, the very look of it turns my stomach (no pun intended)

Any raw fish, even smoked salmon. Dad loved roll mop herrings in vinegar which looked horrible.

Spam - surprised you can still buy the bright pink processed slurry.

Tongue - never liked the texture of this either.

All together now ....

"Offal and cheap meat and raw fish and chitlins
These are a few of my least favourite things!"
Agree with tripe, never had chitlings,Spam can take or leave and considering the price I'll leave, but roll mops I love em, liver too (cept ox),smoked salmon yes, tongue mmmm. Cheap meat...Brisket is my favourite beef along with chuck. Would rather have braising steak than fillet any day, much more flavour. Do like ribeye though.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

22-02-2013, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Go on then just a small bit it won't go off in the post will it.

Address as follows

mrs Hazel Bailey
Down T'atch
Swallow Quick
Back it comes
England.

Could you send the vodka too please.

I used to go out with a Norwegion seaman Knut (pronounced Canute) interesting times he didn't speak English.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 11:14 AM

Thought you might,but beware it can make the eyes go funny and does peculiar things to the legs
Norway
i

22-02-2013, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Go on then just a small bit it won't go off in the post will it.

Address as follows

mrs Hazel Bailey
Down T'atch
Swallow Quick
Back it comes
England.

Could you send the vodka too please.

I used to go out with a Norwegion seaman Knut (pronounced Canute) interesting times he didn't speak English.
You have led an interesting life, its in the post with the Vodka
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

22-02-2013, 12:02 PM

What my interesting life??. When I left school I worked in the offices of Salford Docks, hence various boyfriends of different nationalities.We had a wonderful time

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top