Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 06:03 PM

Re: What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?

Moussaka in a Manchester restaurant never again.

Tripe, i would rather eat a welly boot.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
I honestly think that sometimes they are taking the p*ss..because they know these parts are abhorrent to us..It's a sort of a ''How much of a man are you??'' scenario..
My Arab boss back then built up his multi-million dirham business on the back of hauling water for the drilling rigs 18 hours a day, 7 days a week in a rented truck until he could buy it, then another truck and so on lilac.

A man such as that in Arab States is widely respected by everyone so I suppose I just felt it was something he wanted to try on me to see how much respect I had for him.

Not so much ''How much of a man are you"; more ''Will you accept that from me, as a friend, knowing exactly what it is??" stevmk2
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 06:13 PM

I've been to Saudi..they don't eat them..

And I would never accept them as a ''friend'' having lived in several Muslim states..

They are not your ''friend''!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 06:20 PM

When locking the pantries one night (small kitchens in a boarding school) I was putting the milk into the fridge when I noticed a plate of fudge and pinched a piece .

Much to my disgust it turned out to be a kind of stock cube made out of rotting fish much loved by the Malaysian girls .

I was going to tell the girls I had pinched a piece of fudge, they thought it was hilarious when I told them .
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When locking the pantries one night (small kitchens in a boarding school) I was putting the milk into the fridge when I noticed a plate of fudge and pinched a piece .

Much to my disgust it turned out to be a kind of stock cube made out of rotting fish much loved by the Malaysian girls .

I was going to tell the girls I had pinched a piece of fudge, they thought it was hilarious when I told them .
Mmmm..rotting fish...
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 06:40 PM

I could never eat jellied eels. Seems to be quite popular in London though.
lilac
West yorks uk

23-04-2014, 06:44 PM

I have looked at them..and asked myself ''Is this something I would like to eat??''

The answer was ''NO!!!!!!!''
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 06:53 PM

Pig's Trotters.
lilac
West yorks uk

23-04-2014, 07:00 PM

Strange do..pigs trotters..I have never ate them knowingly..but the french love them..I have looked..just seems like a load of sinews..fat..and unkempt pigs toenails..
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 07:06 PM

Cowheel, anyone have that? I never did but my Dad used to like it, if it really was cowheel, that is!!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top