Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:36 PM

Re: Crossing Places Off Your List

I love Hastings. It was as Julie describes about ten years ago and suffered after the crash. But it has changed a lot recently. I have connections with the area and I've seen it change and change again over the years. The people there are lovely. The pier design is a little odd but at least it can't burn down again!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:44 PM

In the UK would not go back to Bradford or Leeds or Derby. Or in Wales Bangor although I love other parts of Wales. Glad I visited, but not planning to return to Morocco. I said I'd never go back to Portugal after seeing sewers go into the sea in the late 80s and a terrible experience trying to get around in trains, but I'm told it's much improved and we were discussing visiting Porto next year.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 11:14 PM

Interesting insights, especially about GB. I always think the locals are the best sources of reviews about a location.

I like to think I see the in a place and not letting a few wrinkles ruin a perfectly good destination, but a few places I realize requires a little planning/strategy if you want to see it in a way that looks as good as the travel sites and literature.

Right now I am trying to narrow down a big August getaway to possible places Iceland, Norway,or the Med - none of which I have ever visited. The problem narrowing it down - thus the thread. I can't even decide whether to cruise or travel by train/car; I'm too excited, I guess!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

05-11-2018, 12:36 AM

Croatia is lovely. Dubrovnik, Split, the Islands.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:56 AM

The Yemen, the cuisine was atrocious, the people grumpy
Blackpool the same
and Shropshire, the people are all related
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
The Yemen, the cuisine was atrocious, the people grumpy
Blackpool the same
and Shropshire, the people are all related
Try drinking local Tunisian wine then! I swear it must have been camel urine. Sue and I went there for our honeymoon (1972) and ordered a bottle, well that bottle remained nearly full when we left
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 01:16 AM

[QUOTE=realspeed;1561775]Try drinking local Tunisian wine then! I swear it must have been camel urine. Sue and I went there for our honeymoon (1972) and ordered a bottle, well that bottle remained nearly full when we left[/QUOT

oh dear, and 18-30 holiday
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 01:31 AM

[QUOTE=Rehab44;1561782]
Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Try drinking local Tunisian wine then! I swear it must have been camel urine. Sue and I went there for our honeymoon (1972) and ordered a bottle, well that bottle remained nearly full when we left[/QUOT

oh dear, and 18-30 holiday
????????? definately not. This was a wedding pressie from where Sue worked only cost us £25 in total not each She did work during lunch breaks for a travel company owned by the company she worked for. it was a Thank You
4* hotel all in and flights included
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 09:09 AM

I didn’t like Tunisia. You couldn’t walk past a restaurant or shop without having someone stand outside and try and encourage you in. They are very persistent. I’ve had a week there, and two cruise stops. The week’s holiday turned into a nightmare, so I will now avoid that country at all costs.

My brother went there after a relationship breakup and was very depressed and vulnerable. One day he found himself persuaded into a shop to buy a leather jacket he neither needed nor wanted, but he felt powerless to stop the sale.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 09:17 AM

At one time I thought I would never tire of visiting other Countries but that has changed, due to the appalling way we are treated by airlines and travel companies. There is really only one thing I still wish to see and that is the Northern lights. I have been close to seeing them before but was seated on the wrong side of the plane. So apart from the Northern lights, all foreign travel is off my list.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top