Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 12:46 AM

Butter

Having started a thread on chocolate cake I hope you don't all think I eat unhealthy

I just wondered if any of you use butter? I have tried all the spreads and healthy options but my family will only eat Lurpak, I have tried to fool them but they can tell the difference especially my youngest.

The only other butter that matches it is President Butter.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 01:09 AM

Re: Butter

I use real butter. Actually, I splurge on imported Irish butter, as most American butter is so low in butterfat these days .......
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I use real butter. Actually, I splurge on imported Irish butter, as most American butter is so low in butterfat these days .......
i would buy real butter but to be honest i would not have any idea what to look for ?
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 01:55 AM

We use Lurpak too. Also like the President butter, that was the nearest in taste to the German butter I adored when out there, the name escapes me at the moment.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 02:00 AM

Can you get Kerrygold Irish butter?
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Can you get Kerrygold Irish butter?
Yes, we do get that here.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

12-10-2011, 02:03 AM

That's what I buy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 09:45 AM

Butter here and lots of it
I hate margarine, it may be ok for greasing door hindges but not my stomach.

To me butter is a natural food, no trans fats or hydrogenated rubbish in it. It may be classed as unhealthy by some because it a a saturated fat but I will take my chances. It also tastes good unlike margarine which tastes like Vaseline to me.

I also like Lurpak although it has become very expensive. I like Rachels Organic too and buy Waitrose own brand for baking.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
Having started a thread on chocolate cake I hope you don't all think I eat unhealthy

I just wondered if any of you use butter? I have tried all the spreads and healthy options but my family will only eat Lurpak, I have tried to fool them but they can tell the difference especially my youngest.

The only other butter that matches it is President Butter.
Kitty, I'll refer you to my post of a few weeks back on this particular subject.ie. unhealthy not healthy so called spreads. I'm back on butter(the unsalted ones), and loving it. Goodbye Pro Vita, Benecol etc, stick them on your bicycle wheels instead!
Kitty
London

12-10-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Kitty, I'll refer you to my post of a few weeks back on this particular subject.ie. unhealthy not healthy so called spreads. I'm back on butter(the unsalted ones), and loving it. Goodbye Pro Vita, Benecol etc, stick them on your bicycle wheels instead!
thanks John, i have just read your thread, i for one will be sticking to butter

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top