Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 03:40 PM

Re: Butter

It does appear occasionally, but no longer in round tubs.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 04:12 PM

Butter has to be salted, for me. I believe Kerrygold comes in unsalted also, not sure ....
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 04:14 PM

Did anyone else ever have a Bel cream maker? Where you melted unsalted butter in milk. Then pumped it, by hand, through a valve
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Did anyone else ever have a Bel cream maker? Where you melted unsalted butter in milk. Then pumped it, by hand, through a valve
Yes Michael we did but I found a glass jar did the same job .
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes Michael we did but I found a glass jar did the same job .

Oh thats just brought back memories my aunt and my gran used to make it in a Kiln jar
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
No not heard of one of those, am intrigued by it now though I'd also completely forgotten about Vitalite until now
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 06:02 PM

I like butter and we use it. The spreads are definitely not the same, although my OH is happy to eat them. Butter has lovely memories for me. My grandma used to buy the loose tub butter and I can still see her with the butter patters. When she had it in the shape she wanted it, she used to finish it off with a butter stamp which left a litle picture of a flower imprinted on it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I like butter and we use it. The spreads are definitely not the same, although my OH is happy to eat them. Butter has lovely memories for me. My grandma used to buy the loose tub butter and I can still see her with the butter patters. When she had it in the shape she wanted it, she used to finish it off with a butter stamp which left a litle picture of a flower imprinted on it.
Hi Rena I can remember wooden tubs of butter and buying half a pound wrapped in greaseproof paper , lovely taste it had too. We used to get it from a grocer in Ashbourne, Bagnalls I think it was called
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 08:45 PM

We were all living together in London at that time Meg and food was still rationed. I think the butter came from my Grandfather's brother. He had a smallholding near Hellions Bumpstead and I loved staying there. We used to get honey and eggs as well.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 09:10 PM

Mmm you cant beat some delicious buttered crumpets ....yummy ,and it has to be butter not a spread.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top