Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:46 PM

Re: BISCUITS Vs. COOKIES

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
They looked fantastic in shop windows in several towns we visited. Lovely icing decorations on them. We went and bought some and !!!!!!!

This was many many years ago and things might have improved or just this shop. it is just how I remembered them.

On the plus side internet friends came and met us while we were there and the food was amazing.
Never seen such large meals, a Pizza when ordered for 4 people would have fed a dozen, No wonder customers asked for doggie bags to take food home in

In Fishermans Wharf The Clam Chowder was to die for. Even bought tins home. OOH if only I could go back just for that.
Yes, I think I know of the type cookies you had. Mediocre at best. However, a freshly made chocolate chip cookie is among the more wonderful things in life.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 07:50 AM

My idea of what biscuits look like. These are aprox 1+1/2 inches tall. (3.5 cm)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	biscuits-whitelily.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	11455  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:14 AM

Those look delicious, Bakerman, and are what would be called 'scones' in the UK.

These are what we would call 'biscuits'. Would you know them as Cookies?

bakerman
Mexico

19-01-2020, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Those look delicious, Bakerman, and are what would be called 'scones' in the UK.

These are what we would call 'biscuits'. Would you know them as Cookies?

Yes, Americans and Mexicans call them cookies. Not sure about Canada.
Many different ways of eating those biscuits (scones). We often split them and pour a sausage gravy over them. Or split them and insert fried egg/cheese ,sausage or ham or ,bacon for breakfast. Yummy
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, Americans and Mexicans call them cookies. Not sure about Canada.
Many different ways of eating those biscuits (scones). We often split them and pour a sausage gravy over them. Or split them and insert fried egg/cheese ,sausage or ham or ,bacon for breakfast. Yummy
Over here they would more likely be split, buttered, and served with jam and cream! Also yummy!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top