Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 12:28 PM

Re: The secret to great bread

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I have been making my own bread for some time now.
I just follow the recipe as in the manual except I use 300gm. of white flour, and 100gm of brown flour. 1 teaspoon of yeast, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and one teaspoon of salt, 280ml of water. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, cooks or bakes for 2 hours in the machine. I and the others that have tried it say it is good.
We used to use a bread machine but found the bread rather too good, thick doorsteps slathered in butter and a big chunk of cheddar cheese in the other hand, I must have gained a stone and a half in a year so the machine just had to go..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 02:23 PM

BM, I would be useless at making my own bread. I don't possess a bread maker and my arms are too weak for kneading the way bread needs to be done.(LOL, I'm falling apart bit by bit!)
The best I have managed successfully was to make a loaf from a packet of Wright's Oat and Linseed Bread Mix (no kneading for more than 1 minute )just mix with warm water. It tasted so fresh with a lovely crunchy, crusty exterior, and was easy to make, even for me!

I can imagine your bread must taste heavenly.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
BM, I would be useless at making my own bread. I don't possess a bread maker and my arms are too weak for kneading the way bread needs to be done.(LOL, I'm falling apart bit by bit!)
The best I have managed successfully was to make a loaf from a packet of Wright's Oat and Linseed Bread Mix (no kneading for more than 1 minute )just mix with warm water. It tasted so fresh with a lovely crunchy, crusty exterior, and was easy to make, even for me!

I can imagine your bread must taste heavenly.
Stropshiregirl, Thank you. Have you considered buying a stand mixer ? It truly does a fine job of kneading the dough which would save your arms and hands.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top