Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:53 PM

At last.....us next? (Food waste)

Supermarkets and food waste...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...y-supermarkets
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:54 PM

Re: At last.....us next? (Food waste)

What a brilliant idea about time too ....give it for free
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:54 PM

A clue??
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:59 PM

Make it unlawful here as well its been going on for far to long.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:03 PM

Having not clicked on the link I have no idea what this is all about ... Anyone care to tell ?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Having not clicked on the link I have no idea what this is all about ... Anyone care to tell ?
I wasnt going to click the link malcolm as I dont like threads where theres nothing to say what the link is about ...im afraid it annoys me no end! lol

Its about supermarkets in France giving near sell by date food

French law forbids food waste by supermarkets
Food banks and other charities welcome law making large shops donate unsold food and stop spoiling items to deter foragers
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:30 PM

I completely agree with donating unused and unsold food. We waste so much food in this world by simply throwing it out. This could be a positive step in the right direction for conquering hunger.

Here's a basic overview of what the article is about...

France has become the first country in the world to ban supermarkets from throwing away or destroying unsold food, forcing them instead to donate it to charities and food banks.

Under a law passed unanimously by the French senate, as of Wednesday large shops will no longer bin good quality food approaching its best-before date. Charities will be able to give out millions more free meals each year to people struggling to afford to eat.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2016, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I completely agree with donating unused and unsold food. We waste so much food in this world by simply throwing it out. This could be a positive step in the right direction for conquering hunger.

Here's a basic overview of what the article is about...

France has become the first country in the world to ban supermarkets from throwing away or destroying unsold food, forcing them instead to donate it to charities and food banks.

Under a law passed unanimously by the French senate, as of Wednesday large shops will no longer bin good quality food approaching its best-before date. Charities will be able to give out millions more free meals each year to people struggling to afford to eat.
Isnt that what I just posted????
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Isnt that what I just posted????
I'm sorry, did I offend you?

I was simply swiping a couple of the actual paragraphs from the article.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2016, 06:36 PM

Well you mustve missed what I posted in reply to malcolm asking what the link was about Linda

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top