Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 11:32 PM

Re: Adopting Mediterranean diet in old age can prolong life, study suggests

The sun and feel good factor makes a difference too.
In a warm Mediterranean climate you feel more inclined to go out walking and other exercise.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 01:33 PM

I've known about this sort of thing for decades now, ever since Healthy Eating became big news
i can't remember exactly when I heard the expression 'Mediterranean Diet', but that was a few years ago, too

I've dabbled & tinkered with it, but one of my New Year's Resolutions was to get more into it, as we used to say when I was a young man
For Christmas I was given three books on Med Diet, plus a couple on Middle Eastern cookery, and they all seem to be very good and interesting

Full of enthusiasm I stocked up with herbs, spices, and gallons of olive oil - or perhaps I should enter into the spirit of the thing and say litres of olive oil
I also seem, somehow, to have purchased half the country's supply of Paprika powder.

And can you guess how many meals I've cooked so far? ..... One!
Just like the school report - must try harder

Incidentally, I have diabetes, and one of the books is 'Mediterranean Cooking for Diabetics' by Robin Ellis, and that looks interesting & simpler, I'll concentrate on that first

If anyone's interested, reply to this post and I'll list the other books
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 12:38 AM

I tried a Mediterranean diet but had to stop because the sea water tasted awful.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 07:34 PM

My doctor suggested it for my high cholesterol. What annoyed me is that I repeatedly told him about my hypoglycemia. If I have this much natural sugar, it makes me jittery and ultimately my blood sugar crashes and I get dizzy.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top