Join for free
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 08:07 PM

Re: Vitamin D Defficiency and Mobility Issues in Old People

People with Type 1 Diabetes is normally lacking in Vit. D, I don't know why but they are.
Potank
New Member!
Saskatchewan
Potank is male 

26-11-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
With respect Realist, I think we all know about sunlight and Vit D.
I despair that you assume it's just caused by lack of sunlight.

You obviously haven't done enough (if any) research on why people do not absorb or retain sufficient Vit D.

You seem unable to take on board that 'one size doesn't fit all' when it comes to health. I've said this to you before when you were sparking off in a thread about cancer.

Get off your soap box. Take on board the whole picture, widen your thoughts and accept it's not that simple. I could list umpteen reasons why our bodies can't absorb/retain Vit D. But I will leave you to research it.

If you have a piece of machinery that breaks down, are you going to do spray it with WD40 and think it's fixed? Of course not, it's more complex than that. So are our bodies.

great post
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Another of those great "keep everyone sick" scams related to this.

Sunshine is absolutely vital to us. We are creatures of Nature and we would have no life at all were it not for our Sun. The sun IS life, without it we would wither and die.

The sun provides us with lots of Vitamin D and creates Melanin.

The "establishment" and largely fraudulent Big Pharma health industry would have you stay out of the sun. They WANT YOU SICK ! How do they get you to stop doing THE most natural thing that any human can do (get in the sunshine)? By doing what they ALWAYS do, perpetrate a huge Campaign of Fear.

Oh yes me old fruits, don't go in the sunshine, you'll get cancer !!!!

Instead slap nasty sun creams all over your skin. Block up those pores which lovely chemicals so you don't get the benefit of the sun's energy ! Or just stay in the shade!!!!

Utter Billy BS!

The sun's rays are life. We all need them whether we realise it or not. If you want to be healthy then spend time in the sun. No stupid creams. Just a few minutes in the sun. When it feels too hot, too uncomfortable, move out and get in the shade. Your body will tell you when it has had enough.

But boy does the body appreciate that energy ! Lot's of natural Vitamin D and other goodness and you feel recharged and healthy. Your finger and toe nails and hair will grow faster which shows you it is having an effect.

I just despair at people thinking they will get this goodness from Vitamn D supplements. Be natural. Stop taking pills and potions and be healthy.
FFS!
I must show my rheumatologist your post. Christ! You do post a load of bullshit, do you have any real opinions and not just the stuff you copy from conspiracy sites?
Get a life for crying out loud!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
FFS!
I must show my rheumatologist your post. Christ! You do post a load of bullshit, do you have any real opinions and not just the stuff you copy from conspiracy sites?
Get a life for crying out loud!

Calm yourself sweetness, hush , you'll only start him off again if you rattle his cage.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Calm yourself sweetness, hush , you'll only start him off again if you rattle his cage.
Just read this from Psychology Today when I googled ‘ Are Conspiracy Theorists mentally unstable?’

It seems that every family has an Uncle Joe—the guy who goes on and on about conspiracy theories at the holiday dinner table. The 9/11 attack was orchestrated by the government. The moon landing was filmed in Hollywood. Oswald did not act alone in the Kennedy assassination. And don’t get me started on global warming. Record low temperatures this Christmas, and you expect me to believe the world is actually getting warmer? Give me a break.

Maybe we should give Uncle Joe a break, or at least try to understand where he’s coming from. Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories anyway? This is exactly the question posed by British psychologist Karen Douglas and her colleagues in a recent article in the journal Current Directions in Psychological Science.

The researchers found that reasons for believing in conspiracy theories can be grouped into three categories:

The desire for understanding and certainty
The desire for control and security
The desire to maintain a positive self-image
It’s a long read but the answer was that they are nuttier than squirrel shit!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Sunshine is absolutely vital to us. We are creatures of Nature and we would have no life at all were it not for our Sun. The sun IS life, without it we would wither and die.
Excessive exposure to sunshine gave me skin cancer.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

27-11-2018, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Excessive exposure to sunshine gave me skin cancer.
Don’t tell him Pike! He will tell you that the Sun is controlled by the New World Order.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 12:21 AM

What's all this about sufficient sunshine?

Aint a lot of it here from about October till next March/April is there!
Perhaps we should all go and live with Ploppy & Gummy each winter, I'm sure they'd like that.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

27-11-2018, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What sunshine we talking about anyway?

Aint a lot of it here from about October till next March/April anyway. Perhaps we should all go and live with Ploppy & Gummy each winter.
It’s a plot by the New World Order, they switch of the power to the Sun at this time every year! They do this in order to make us dash out and buy Vitamin D which is sold at enormous prices by Big Pharma ( the conspiracy nuts always use that phrase)
I am going to ask the girls in Boots the pharmacy, not the tasty lady in thigh highs, about Big Pharma when I collect my blue pills tomorrow.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 12:08 PM

I take vitamin D as I was very low in it and it has helped a lot with my leg pain but something I hadn't realised is we can't use what we get from the sun and food unless we also ingest fat because it's a fat soluble vitamin. Low fat diets I believe may be causing a lot of this. Also it helps to take calcium magnesium and vitamin c to really get the best out of the vitamin d supplement.
Magnesium can be bought as a powder you dilute and put in a spray bottle and just squirt it on your tummy once a day.

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top