Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:00 AM

Re: Shepherd's pie variations?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is the taste affected if you use a German Sheppard?
You may end up with an empty plate if you let a dog "help" you with the cooking!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It is difficult if the potato is very hot .... ouch!

I think you get used to using the piping bag after a while so it's not too bad. I usually use the star nozzle with mine.
hmm... visualising hot mashed potato is not filling me with confidence in my already shaky abilities. But I will have to try now that I found I have a piping bag in the kitchen drawer. I think I still have a star nozzle somewhere. It makes it sound so glam! When I tried to use it before it all got stuck in the bag like cement and that's why I have consigned it to the bottom drawer!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
hmm... visualising hot mashed potato is not filling me with confidence in my already shaky abilities. But I will have to try now that I found I have a piping bag in the kitchen drawer. I think I still have a star nozzle somewhere. It makes it sound so glam! When I tried to use it before it all got stuck in the bag like cement and that's why I have consigned it to the bottom drawer!
Oh dear ..... all I can say is good luck Annie!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-12-2019, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh dear ..... all I can say is good luck Annie!
haha! thanks Mags!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:56 PM

Take a picture of the finished product and let us have a larf hehe
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 02:05 PM

Only thing I would add to OP is that I bulk the recipe with the addition of mushrooms and finely diced courgettes for added nutrition.

Definitely use Worstershire sauce or Hendersons if you can get it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-12-2019, 06:04 PM

Mushrooms would be pretty good Realist - are there any varieties you'd recommend?

I can't use normal Worcestershire sauce as it contains gluten and I'm out of stock of gluten free (only the larger supermarkets do it). So I left it out entirely. But it was yummy without.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 06:05 PM

Mushrooms would be pretty good Realist - are there any varieties you'd recommend?

I can't use normal Worcestershire sauce as it contains gluten and I'm out of stock of gluten free (only the larger supermarkets do it). So I left it out entirely. But it was yummy without.
Any mushrooms will do, they all taste like mush.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

06-12-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Take a picture of the finished product and let us have a larf hehe
likely to be a pic of bits of potato all over the ceiling!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 06:09 PM

likely to be a pic of bits of potato all over the ceiling!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top