Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 09:54 AM

Re: Shepherd's pie variations?

I don't use a piping bag ....I just load them on top with a spoon then with a fork spread them about.... I think you would call mine....rustic or maybe messy
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2020, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't use a piping bag ....I just load them on top with a spoon then with a fork spread them about.... I think you would call mine....rustic or maybe messy
Hi Summer, you made me smile. If there is less washing up to do, that's me there! I too just use a large spoon and put the mashed potato over in spoonfuls and then spread it all over. The other tip is that I never put the mashed potato over hot mince as it will sink into the mince. Always best to let the mince cool first before putting topping on.

Rustic or messy? bloomin sensible!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 09:27 PM

Can you add port to a vegan shepherd's pie in the absence of wine?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Can you add port to a vegan shepherd's pie in the absence of wine?
I haven't tried that - but I don't see why not - chefs use port in gravy. Go for it!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I haven't tried that - but I don't see why not - chefs use port in gravy. Go for it!
Thanks ST 😊
I didn't in the end as didn't want to ruin it. Tastes yummy anyway. Plus more Port left to drink!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top