Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 01:13 PM

Re: Alexa Device Issues?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You for all your suggestions.
I think l need to send my Alexa to Obedience Classes. She doesn’t always obey what l ask and l can feel my voice getting louder and louder as l repeat the command.
She can be so exasperating!!
That's why I laugh at suggestion that Alexa could be used to spy on people.
I suspect that the quality of the microphone (i.e. poor) is at least partly to blame because there are times when it takes multiple attempts to get even a simple word recognized in the experiences across multiple devices here.
It can get quite comical.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 01:43 PM

I think l need to send my Alexa to Obedience Classes. She doesn’t always obey what l ask and l can feel my voice getting louder and louder as l repeat the command.
Oh don't worry about raising your voice - I'm always yelling at mine and saying she is thick as mince. She just shuts off in a beepy huff
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 05:01 PM

Art,

You should change Alexa to a male responder.

Men always do exactly as they are told!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I,now, have about 5 Alexa devices in my abode. They are sprad around the rooms.

They are clearly seen as a good Xmas present so I will not be surprised to get some more!

Anyway, here is an Alexa problem which I am trying to solve.

I want to get all of these devices into sync, so that as we wander from room to room, we're not hearing the words or Music catching up from the room before.

There is a Alexa feature called "Everywhere".

If I shout "Alexa, play BBC World Service, everywhere", sure enough I get all the alexas synced perfectly and the language is English.

However, If I want to try the same thing with BBC Radio 2 (for example) they sync OK but spoken language comes out as Welsh! No amount of fumbling with the languages, in the Alexa App, fixes this.

Someone might have solved this?

Note, all my Alexas are on the same WiFi.

At last, a fix (Thanks Computer Active Magazine), I can now play Radio 2, synced on all Alexas at once, using the "Everywhere" group.

And in the correct language!

(Magazine dated 30 June -13th July.)
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Ladies are not famous for navigating.

This one is - used to go orienteering in my youth!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top