Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:19 PM

Re: New House New Project

Your house looks absolutely delightful and I could cook up a storm in a kitchen like yours!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:37 PM

That looks a lovely house Summer and a lot of hard work ahead for you.

I'm sure you will make a grand job of it and I'm looking forward to more photos of your progress.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I like the state-of-the-art Status Stores kitchen with the cooker panel fitted so high above the oven that you'd need a step-ladder to turn it on and off.
Great isnt it.....innovative.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

As mad as a hatter.

You are very lucky to have Mr Summer.

Living on my own I have downsized massively.

I like small houses

I wish you well, it is obviously your thng.
Tis my thing Swimmy.....can't wait to get on with it Actually i downsized to my last house but I missed the garden.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 07:47 AM

What is the location like summer? That is the only reason I would get involved with a serious amount of building work nowadays, its more fun looking at the vista than the cornice.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

23-01-2021, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Judd, wouldn't you get condensation form in those plugs when boiling things on the cooker?

Summer, your new home looks huge.
Lots of potential too.
I hope you're very happy there.
Thanks Mups....actually no its not huge the pics might be a bit misleading. I'll put more up later.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

23-01-2021, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
By 'eck, Summer. You don't half set yourself some tasks - you must be a glutton for punishment.

That small radiator in the lounge ain't no use nor ornament.

With a crack like that, you'd best check the footings for subsidence too.
Yes the heating is shall I say eccentric you know I love doing decorating and stuff Judd ...honest I'm looking forward to it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

23-01-2021, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I can see why you fell in love with it Summer

Can't wait to see you put your immaculate stamp on it
Thanks Rhian....it will keep busy thats for sure
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

23-01-2021, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
looks like you are upsizing to "posh" summer when its all finished, good luck with it, be nice to come round for early tea, toast, butter an marmalade
You are welcome anytime Mr Macy
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

23-01-2021, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bleedin hell ... I hope you mean evidence of old and treated woodworm and not untreated.
Even treated can have significantly weakened the roof structural strength .. I know these things having lived in an old converted barn (pig sty actually and that's the truth).

I was told that that if you can fit your fingernail in a crack in a wall it's getting serious. If you can fit the end of your finger tip in..wear a hard hat.

Best of luck.
Active woodworm .....blinkin things. Actually we have had to deal with them in the past but the roof line will be changed when we extend so there will be some new joists and whilst that's happening the rest of the roof will be treated and strengthened where needed. There are loads of little creatures living in it at the moment it stood empty for quite a while so lots of little squatters

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top