Join for free
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 01:39 PM

Re: Carrie Symonds and the Gold Wallpaper

If someone wants to pay for gold wallpaper that is their choice.

I can't see Carrie Symonds with gold wallpaper anyway whatever the gossip press may say , it is rather unsophisticated and lacking in good taste (more curry house than number10) and Ms Symonds comes across as a classy lady .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:18 PM

Why doesn’t she ask her fat scruffy partner to pony up?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
If someone wants to pay for gold wallpaper that is their choice.

I can't see Carrie Symonds with gold wallpaper anyway whatever the gossip press may say , it is rather unsophisticated and lacking in good taste (more curry house than number10) and Ms Symonds comes across as a classy lady .
It may be true:

https://newsopener.com/uk/boris-john...-private-flat/

Top designer who inspired Carrie’s chic makeover
The woman said to have inspired Carrie’s lavish makeover is Lulu Lytle – one of the UK’s most influential and successful interior designers. Her designs combine a riot of bold colours and showstopping old-fashioned glamour.

Think oiled-oak shelving, rattan furniture, shimmering gold wallpaper and intricate textiles. A marble bathroom, perhaps, with wrought iron finishings.
Examples of her "style":

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-makeover.html

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Zaphod - its the sheer crassness of it, given the state of society now in this pandemic. Poverty, job losses, tax rises.....and she has the audacity to whinge about gold wallpaper. I know I'm probably going a bit overboard about it, but what about solidarity with the country? She has the cheek to work with an animal charity, yet is chatting about a charity to fund her redecorating? It just feels so very wrong.
IMHO:

Give over, there's nothing crass about a bit of decorating otherwise a good portion of the country is also somehow crass because houses are still being bought and sold and are still being rented, and places like B&Q are mobbed.
Or are none of these houses being redecorated or refurbished?
Oh and BTW, the work being done keeps people in jobs and puts tax receipts in the country's kitty thus helping alleviate poverty - if that's not "solidarity with the country" then surely nothing ever can be.

Apart from a few who seem determined to disparage no matter what, nobody cares - and why should they?
TBH it looks to me more like somebody having a go at Carrie Symonds purely because it's another way to have a go at Boris Johnson and frankly it's getting beyond ridiculous.
Is it because there's no Dom Cummings to have a go at now?

I can almost guarantee that the moaners know absolutely nothing about either of them other than what they have read or been told, Chinese-whisper style.
It wouldn't matter what those two did but some whinger somewhere would have to have a pop at them.
The worst bit is that as usual it's all supposition and media hype.
There's not a shred of fact in the rumour so far; none.
Wallpaper?
So what?
I don't care and why you or anybody else does makes no sense, other than if it is either pure hatred or downright jealousy.
Because unless it is one of them, what these two do in private has absolutely nothing to do with either you or me.

Despite what you might think, I'm not sticking up for either Carrie or Boris.
I am opposed to unfounded rumours which are doing nothing more than trying to cause division, especially using other people who are just going about their business.
It amounts to nothing more than plain simple nastiness.
Certainly it is beyond mere gossip.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree, there seems to be an abundance of unnecessary news items these days.....
It's not that it's unnecessary that grates with me, it's the constant need to provoke dissent.
Why can we not have news that doesn't deliberately set out purely to cause ill-feeling?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:26 PM

You don’t have to read it .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:27 PM

Hmmm.....well, its not my taste, and I'm not bashing her style....just to have everyone else pay for it under the guise of "charity" seems really off. Charities are there to support those who need help, and she does not need help.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
IMHO:

Give over, there's nothing crass about a bit of decorating otherwise a good portion of the country is also somehow crass because houses are still being bought and sold and are still being rented, and places like B&Q are mobbed.
Or are none of these houses being redecorated or refurbished?
Oh and BTW, the work being done keeps people in jobs and puts tax receipts in the country's kitty thus helping alleviate poverty - if that's not "solidarity with the country" then surely nothing ever can be.

Apart from a few who seem determined to disparage no matter what, nobody cares - and why should they?
TBH it looks to me more like somebody having a go at Carrie Symonds purely because it's another way to have a go at Boris Johnson and frankly it's getting beyond ridiculous.
Is it because there's no Dom Cummings to have a go at now?

I can almost guarantee that the moaners know absolutely nothing about either of them other than what they have read or been told, Chinese-whisper style.
It wouldn't matter what those two did but some whinger somewhere would have to have a pop at them.
The worst bit is that as usual it's all supposition and media hype.
There's not a shred of fact in the rumour so far; none.
Wallpaper?
So what?
I don't care and why you or anybody else does makes no sense, other than if it is either pure hatred or downright jealousy.
Because unless it is one of them, what these two do in private has absolutely nothing to do with either you or me.

Despite what you might think, I'm not sticking up for either Carrie or Boris.
I am opposed to unfounded rumours which are doing nothing more than trying to cause division, especially using other people who are just going about their business.
It amounts to nothing more than plain simple nastiness.
Certainly it is beyond mere gossip.

Ermmm...ok then. Just making a bit of conversation, no harm done.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It may be true:
Examples of her "style":
Omah that is the Daily Mail's interpretation of Carrie's style based on the work of Lulu Lytle.
It doesn't mean we should assumed that is how 10 Downing Street will be decorated and even if it is, the flat is a private residence and it is down to the occupant who have to live there how it is decorated. It is no business of anyone else.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-03-2021, 02:36 PM

A slow day for news maybe ?

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top