Join for free
Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2021, 08:47 AM

Re: Carrie Symonds and the Gold Wallpaper

Oh my word....his hair will be furiously ruffled now!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 05:07 PM

PM cleared of misconduct but acted unwisely, says watchdog

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57280418

Boris Johnson did not break the ministerial code over the funding of the Downing Street flat refurbishment, a report says. But Lord Geidt, the prime minister's adviser on standards, found he had "unwisely" allowed work to go ahead without "more rigorous regard" for how it would be paid for *.

He confirmed that a Tory donor had settled an invoice for some costs. But Mr Johnson had been unaware of this, Lord Geidt added. No conflict of interest had arisen over the refurbishment, which began in spring when the prime minister was in hospital with Covid, he said.

The government said official advice had been followed "throughout".
Surprise, surprise ..... it's a whitewash .....

* In effect, BJ didn't care who paid for the refurbishment as long as it wasn't him .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2021, 06:53 PM

Utter baloney!!! Gosh it makes me so mad!

Unaware of Tory donor settling invoice, my arse! Also "more rigorous regard"?? What does he do then - flap his hand dismissively at Carrie saying "Oh do what you like, love, somebody somewhere will pay for it" I think NOT!

Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top