Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:10 AM

Re: I finished them!

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Great job with the dungarees, Bathsheba.

I know what you mean about taking orders. I feel the same way with my photography - the moment I take a commission my hobby becomes a chore.
Thank you PooBear

Yes exactly! I used to be a keen photographer, not so much these days, and I never ever wanted to do it as anything other than a hobby.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Thanks Last Tango. My little granddaughter absolutely loved them when I popped round with them last night. She wasn't so happy to try them on so I could pin the hems up though - she gets really angsty about me going anywhere near her with pins!!!
I used to be exactly the same when I was being fitted for clothing, hated pins near me too. I sympathise with your Grandaughter, Bathsheba.
You are very talented to be able to make clothing like that, it's brilliant.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I used to be exactly the same when I was being fitted for clothing, hated pins near me too. I sympathise with your Grandaughter, Bathsheba.
You are very talented to be able to make clothing like that, it's brilliant.
Aw thank you Tiffany, that's such a nice thing to say! It's a very rewarding hobby to sew for my granddaughter, and my daughter loves that her little girl wears unique clothes, that no-one else's child will have.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 12:41 PM

Nice job Bathsheba.

There's some talented and gifted folk on this site. Sadly, that doesn't include me.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

09-06-2021, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Nice job Bathsheba.

There's some talented and gifted folk on this site. Sadly, that doesn't include me.
Thanks Judd. I'm sure you've got plenty of hidden talents
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

09-06-2021, 03:03 PM

Wow! I think they are wonderful, your granddaughter will be so proud to wear them.

Don't tell Kate, she'll want some for Charlotte.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

09-06-2021, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Oldbod ->
Wow! I think they are wonderful, your granddaughter will be so proud to wear them.

Don't tell Kate, she'll want some for Charlotte.
Thank you! Don't worry, I won't tell Kate - given that they are unisex, she might want some for George and Louis too! Lord, I couldn't go through this again 3 times over!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 06:43 PM

They are brilliant Bathsheba, you're granddaughter will be showing them off to all her friends...
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

09-06-2021, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
They are brilliant Bathsheba, you're granddaughter will be showing them off to all her friends...
Thank you Mags - my daughter really wants the school to have a mufti day now so her little girl can show them off
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Thank you Mags - my daughter really wants the school to have a mufti day now so her little girl can show them off
What's a mufti day? I'm thinking it might means wear what you like, or a dress down day, but does it stand for anything?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top