Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:59 PM

Re: Fresh Meat or Frozen? Can You tell the difference?

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Do you specifically ask the retailer if your fresh meat had been frozen at any time before you bought it?
Yes - but - I only ever buy meat from the local butcher and he only uses locally produced meat, game and poultry - so you know it is always fresh. He does freeze some for those who want it - some people buy in bulk for their freezers - but that is always clearly marked and comes with instructions about thawing etc.,
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, meat is aged, (I personally prefer an age of 21 days,) to enhance the flavor. During this time hanging in the cooler, the meat begins to 'break down' and become even more tender.
In other words, rotten meat is tastier and tenderer than fresh fresh
meat !!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've eaten steak an hour after watching the animal die at a bullfight ... the tastiest ever.
Did you follow the whole process dOOd?
Gutting/ skinning/ dismembering etc etc?
Methinks the dago lied ?

Donkeyman! 👍🤔👍
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've eaten steak an hour after watching the animal die at a bullfight ... the tastiest ever.
Good grief, d00d, I could not watch a bullfight.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top