Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 05:56 PM

Re: Kitchen Appliances

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks Besoeker.
I wouldn't want a huge American style freezer just for myself though.
Yes, I can see that. Particularly the size. But we got used to that and find it very useful for the amazing amounts of foods we can stack into it. Maybe we just got lazy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 08:16 PM

That's interesting, because it was Bosch I've been looking at today Percy. Thank you.
Bosch are normally good, Bosch or Siemens.
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

05-07-2021, 08:16 PM

Hello
When we had our new kitchen installed about 8 years ago we bought Prima appliances,Fridge Freezer,washing machine,dryer and electric oven.I only just replaced the oven with the same model and washing machine this year.So they lasted about 8 years.I think Prima is made by several manufacturers Hotpoint,Hoover but I'm not too sure .

From the internet.
''The Prima appliance range has been made by any number of manufacturers over the years including Siltal, Electrolux, Whirlpool, Midea, Haier, Cata and others''
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Bosch are normally good, Bosch or Siemens.

Ah, Siemens, i never thought of them, thanks dongle.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Roj Blake ->
Hello
When we had our new kitchen installed about 8 years ago we bought Prima appliances,Fridge Freezer,washing machine,dryer and electric oven.I only just replaced the oven with the same model and washing machine this year.So they lasted about 8 years.I think Prima is made by several manufacturers Hotpoint,Hoover but I'm not too sure .

From the internet.
''The Prima appliance range has been made by any number of manufacturers over the years including Siltal, Electrolux, Whirlpool, Midea, Haier, Cata and others''

Thanks Roj, ive never heard of Prima, will look into that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
When we returned from Italy at the end of October 1997, V bought a self-defrosting Bosch fridge/freezer that's still going strong today. (Having just said that, it might just pack up tomorrow )
My Bosh is over 20 years old too,
I have replaced the light a couple of times .
It was a WHICH best buy when I bought it...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-07-2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My Bosh is over 20 years old too,
I have replaced the light a couple of times .
It was a WHICH best buy when I bought it...

I must say it is looking like a Bosch is best.

I have got a Bosch washing machine and its the best one ive ever had - and the quietest spin, too.

Thanks very much for everyone's input, much appreciated.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 11:55 PM

My upright freezer in the kitchen has been playing up for some time, and it looks like I am going to have to replace it.

There are so many makes and models and I wondered if anyone has any recommendations on reliable, trustworth makes, and those you wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Any thoughts would be apprreciated please.
I have a Westinghouse 210 chest freezer which I bought in about 1981 and is still going strong. The only thing wrong with it is that the lid has rust on it which is spreading.

Couldn't recommend it more highly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-07-2021, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have a Westinghouse 210 chest freezer which I bought in about 1981 and is still going strong. The only thing wrong with it is that the lid has rust on it which is spreading.

Couldn't recommend it more highly.

Don't think I've ever heard of that make, Bruce, but that's quite amazing if it's done you all these years. Thanks for saying.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 12:35 AM

You do have to look these days at how much you can store inside. Even old trusted brands seem to have reduced storage space.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top