Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 02:16 PM

Steam Mops. Have You Got One?

I have been bought a Shark Klik N’ Flip Steam Mop.

At first, l wasn’t sure about it as l am a mop, bucket, hot water and Flash kinda girl!

After using the steam mop, l think it is great and my mop and bucket have been made redundant!

The steam mop is so easy to use, a measure of water is poured into it. You press the Hi, Med or Lo button and seconds later you are ready to go!
You can flip the cleaning pad the other way and it will send out shots of steam to concentrate on any heavy soiling.

Minutes later your tiles or wooden flooring are nice and clean and dry so quickly.

My only negative point is...that it would be good if l could use a bit of Flash with it.

Do you have a steam mop of some sort, or do you prefer a mop and bucket?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 02:39 PM

Re: Steam Mops. Have You Got One?

Art, I have used steam mops when cleaning for different households..I think they are great on tiled floors.

I’m not sure about using them on my floor, I’d be scared they lifted the vinyl type flooring up.

You can use flash...I used to just spray it on the tiles, then go over it with the steam mop.

It sterilises as it goes as well....very efficient.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 02:39 PM

I have a Vax steam cleaner with various attachments. It has a mop bit but I don't use it. I like to scrub floors with flash and a mop & bucket. Everything else gets steamed though, with no cleaning products.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:43 PM

Just watched that model in action on YouTube,Art, it’s expensive, nearly £80..but the floor is left dry.

That would work on my floor.

What would you rate it out of 10?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:55 PM

I have the Vax version which is great for cleaning floor tiles and lots of other things when using the attachments. You can add things like Flash or Zoflora if you want. I don't use it on the wood floors because I don't want the steam to penetrate.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 05:13 PM

you cam't beat a woman on her hands and knees doing a bit of scrubbing. On second thoughts maybe you can and she enjoys it
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 05:29 PM

Yes I have a steam cleaner. Works great. Good for disinfecting without harsh chemicals.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 06:20 PM

Yes, a Polti system complete with it's own fancy carrying bag.

We have tiled or sealed vinyl floors in much of the house as well as wall tiles in a few rooms, so it gets a fair bit of use and ours is pretty effective.
It's proven to be both excellent and handy for cleaning the oven, the barbecue, car upholstery prior to sale and a few other things too.

I wouldn't hesitate in getting another when something goes wrong with ours, but it's horses for courses and what suits me here might not suit you.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 06:42 PM

5 rooms with tiles 3 rooms with laminate. Several Rugs
My Steamer is a Vileda, can do rugs and carpets also comes with an added plate for that..
Would not use a mop and bucket again but one of those flat mops that you add cloths to..tried a traditional Mop when first moved here, there was enough changes at 1st for me..no central heating and felt like I was living in a castle with the amount of spiders webs... Wet Mop Head..where do you keep them to dry..The only thing with steam mops that I can think is a reminder to use Distilled Water, if the water is hard or high in minerals it will eventually clog up...

Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 06:49 PM

Yes, I have a Dirt Devil, which I use for the vinyl flooring in the kitchen. I was always a mop and bucket gal, but I love the steam cleaner - no products, so no rinsing and waiting ages for the floor to dry; it's dry in seconds. So easy to use, and can also be used as a hand held cleaner for upholstery, curtains, ovens, grills etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top