Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:33 PM

Oh!Goodness!

Some years ago I used to collect for the RSPB door to door, properly sanctioned of course. I put envelopes through doors near where I lived & then went back to collect them a few days later.
Knocked on this particular door & a woman opened it, she was holding by it's very solid & strong collar this huge dog. She saw what I was there for & let go of the dog & turned to get the envelope. Dog & I eyed one another. I nearly wet myself, then it leaped at me put it's paws on my shoulders & licked my face.
I managed to get it to sit & petted it. Such a daft soppy mutt.
I think it was a Rottweiler, looked like one, but I thought bigger.
Woman gave me the envelope & got the dog in by grabbing it's collar & then I left. At that time I had never seen a dog like that. Sure gave me a fright too.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:36 PM

Re: Oh!Goodness!

Rottweilers are lovely dogs - not sure I would allow one to lick my face though!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Rottweilers are lovely dogs - not sure I would allow one to lick my face though!
I didn't have much choice with half a ton of dog paws on my shoulders. Nearly fell backwards, it was so sudden.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I didn't have much choice with half a ton of dog paws on my shoulders. Nearly fell backwards, it was so sudden.

Oooh! I think I would have backed away quickly saying I would come by another time! If anyone comes to my door, I put the dog in the kitchen....but hey, there could have been reasons why she didn't do that of course. Heck of a fright though Tiffany!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

18-07-2021, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oooh! I think I would have backed away quickly saying I would come by another time! If anyone comes to my door, I put the dog in the kitchen....but hey, there could have been reasons why she didn't do that of course. Heck of a fright though Tiffany!
I think she was distracted by the fact she was looking for the envelope. The dog was very friendly.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 11:12 PM

What a nice story.
Dogs are great.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 11:14 PM

then it leaped at me put it's paws on my shoulders & licked my face
Lucky it didn't knock you over Tiffany
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 06:44 AM

I would have been apprehensive as well Tiffany

I think Rotties are lovely dogs! They have just been given a bad rap!
When I walk my dogs, people steer clear of my Mally cross - he’s big but an older dog now. He enjoys bullying his best friend and sidekick my Jack Russell but I usually intervene.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 07:10 AM

I used to have one it was a lovely dog scared the pants of visitors though . It was gentle but it bayed like the hound of the Baskervilles.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 07:22 AM

Bit of a fright there Tiff I think I might have legged it..have to admit I'm not at ease with big dogs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top