Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 09:28 AM

Re: When somebody Hurts you..friends

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Very true.
Especially a Longdog!!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
I got hurt very recently and I do react very badly..I just fly off the handle at close friends,...just sometimes...most people I know I do not have any issues with...just very close ones...
Just in that hole right now..dig out or just move on?

You reacted very badly to being hurt, I think quite a few of us have done that at times.

Now, if I was to do that constantly, I wouldn’t expect people to be sympathetic or understanding of my behaviour, I would take responsibility and not offload it on to my friend, I would look inwardly also if it was consistently bad, I would probably seek professional counselling, there are underlying issues associated with blowing ones fuse, also trigger points that start everything in motion, before anyone can do the above, They first need to admit they have a problem and not blame others for the outburst...imo.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 10:16 AM

I got hurt very recently and I do react very badly..I just fly off the handle at close friends,...just sometimes...most people I know I do not have any issues with...just very close ones...
Just in that hole right now..dig out or just move on?
no I don't fly off the handle as a norm...it is only when somebody close, floors me, instead of being caring like they usually are....
I would try not to think of my own feeling but why my friend reacted out of character and what might be troubling them.

Then I would say to the friend that I was surprised when they 'saidsuchandsuch ' and was anything bothering them and was it something I had done or said.

I don't have 'proper friends' these days just casuals I can't be doing with the hassle. I lost my best friend when her marriage broke up and she disappeared with another man it was like a bereavement .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 10:19 AM

Hasn't happened to us for years. Last time, over ten years past, I just got even.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
Especially a Longdog!!
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 12:46 PM

I'm a great believer of knowing where you stand.

If somebody did the dirty on me I wouldn't be offended, I'm too world weary for that, I would just cut them dead........like forever, despite what they might say in the future.

If I saw them on fire, I would simply walk the other way.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
They first need to admit they have a problem and not blame others for the outburst
Well I'm not going to be the one to give the response that statement is begging for.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Well I'm not going to be the one to give the response that statement is begging for.

Taken out of context...will say no more on the matter.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Taken out of context...will say no more on the matter.
Makes note in diary ---
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 02:01 PM

Every situation is different.

The people involved may be different, the cause of the argument different and how you are feeling at the time even, so I don't see how anyone can pre-judge what they would say and do with any accuracy.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top