Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 01:40 PM

Re: Wondering about grass?

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Ttttsssssskkkkk!

One does not smoke

One does tend to have an enquiring mind and is useless at maths
One will answer with the immortal words of Watson

"No s**t Sherlock"

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Our lawn is more moss than grass.

I like moss. It looks green and doesn't need mowing.
My moss is great too. Springy and bouncy with clumps of clover.
I just avoid weed killer or I'd have no moss lawn. Looks great after a bit of feed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
My moss is great too. Springy and bouncy with clumps of clover.
I just avoid weed killer or I'd have no moss lawn. Looks great after a bit of feed.
Yes, we think alike.

Unfortunately, my wife prefers grass. Of course, she doesn't have to do the mowing.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 04:53 PM

Ooo I'd really like a moss lawn but it doesn't grow here, exept on the occasional stone around the pond.

My parents had a lovely bouncy lawn
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 05:15 PM

I also got fed up with constantly mowing the grass, so put the blades down as far as they'd go......... As it hardly rained after that, the grass didn't grow - but the clover did. It gets to about 1 inch, then flowers - beautiful. I'd go for a clover lawn every time!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 06:31 PM

Just let it grow and call it a wildlife garden. Problem solved.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 12:08 PM

The chamomile lawn ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If I lived a bit nearer I'd come and cut it for you Mark, and then we could go for a run..........Are you still running?
I hurt my knee back last year when I was training hard. My times were coming down nicely but then I turned over in bed one night and something went in the inside of my right knee. Not been able to run for 6-8 months until now.

Thought the game was up with regard to running to be honest with you as the pain was also a little under the knee cap but over the last month or so things have improved a lot. Still sore on one part but able to bend the knee more now compared to how it was. Must have torn something which has mostly repaired itself I think.

I have tried to jog lately but boy am I unfit now - along with being heavier too! Managed about 5 miles on Thursday but had to stop numerous times. I won't be running with anyone for quite a while yet. Hopefully I can get out regularly again.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
The chamomile lawn ?
A great aunt of mine had a Camomile Lawn, they are not very hard wearing and as children we were not allowed to play on it.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 12:18 PM

I noticed the grass is a lot perkier now. I can see it is gearing itself up for a growth spurt. I have seen it acting in such a manner before. I will definitely have to get the strimmer out and nip it in the bud before it all gets out of hand.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top