Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 01:50 PM

Re: Designer Dogs

Originally Posted by Cass ->
To me it's important that each and every dog regardless of breeding pedigree shape or size is respected and loved in the way it deserves We as humans have a lot to answer for playing with their body shape and designing them so that they suit our needs but not respectful of them. We only need to look at some of the more popular breeds to see this their snub faces so they can barely breathe ,their deformed limbs, we crop their ears,we dock their tails It's disgusting.
Dogs have no concept of design We should give up the design and concentrate on the dog.
I agree I'd like to see dogs bred for temperament far more than looks. Tbh I've never seen an ugly dog so it matters not what they look like but how they act is far more important.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
They should be treated as dogs, not ill treated, but certainly not fussed and pampered, which isn't good for them, imo.
I think that is where our opinions differ ,your idea of pampering or fussing is not my idea of pampering or fussing . I do not agree with dressing dogs up, I do not agree with painting their nails, I do not agree with putting perfume on them , but spending money on decent healthcare for them decent food, decent bedding,decent training, these things are not pampering they are day-to-day necessities. But that's only my opinion.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 01:57 PM

I think that is where our opinions differ ,your idea of pampering or fussing is not my idea of pampering or fussing . I do not agree with dressing dogs up, I do not agree with painting their nails, I do not agree with putting perfume on them , but spending money on decent healthcare for them decent food, decent bedding,decent training, these things are not pampering they are day-to-day necessities. But that's only my opinion.
I don't agree with giving dogs treats, they should have dog food, and nothing else. I have also been horrified to see the animals around here carrying soft toys on their walks, WHY? One even carries a large teddy bear which is twice the size of the dog. One of neighbours even has a Christmas tree and stocking for their mutt, what a waste of money!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 02:09 PM

I don't agree with giving dogs treats, they should have dog food, and nothing else. I have also been horrified to see the animals around here carrying soft toys on their walks, WHY? One even carries a large teddy bear which is twice the size of the dog. One of neighbours even has a Christmas tree and stocking for their mutt, what a waste of money!
Oh I perfectly understand it's a bit like these people who insist on putting little children in nice clothes giving them treats buying them presents when they really have no concept of Christmas or birthdays total waste of money isn't it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 02:16 PM

Oh I perfectly understand it's a bit like these people who insist on putting little children in nice clothes giving them treats buying them presents when they really have no concept of Christmas or birthdays total waste of money isn't it.
A child is human NOT a sub species like a dog!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 02:47 PM

b.i.b. This indicates that you know very little about dogs or their management. What the dog is doing when it carries toys around is fulfilling an instinct to bring back prey. The hunt, chase, retrieve instinct is strong in many dogs and for eons has been used by man, ever since they partnered up with dogs to help survive. The fact that prey is now largely substituted for a soft toy or ball or stick does not matter. The dog is doing what it enjoys and it fulfils a need. Many large dogs, medium dogs, or small dogs will do this if given the chance/opportunity. As for treats - I always carry food around with me and my dogs get good portion of their daily rations from seeking it out - I hide it and let them find it - again fulfilling a need. A bit of food/treat is also a great training aid. Things are not always how you perceive them Tarantula.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

08-06-2017, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
b.i.b. This indicates that you know very little about dogs or their management. What the dog is doing when it carries toys around is fulfilling an instinct to bring back prey. The hunt, chase, retrieve instinct is strong in many dogs and for eons has been used by man, ever since they partnered up with dogs to help survive. The fact that prey is now largely substituted for a soft toy or ball or stick does not matter. The dog is doing what it enjoys and it fulfils a need. Many large dogs, medium dogs, or small dogs will do this if given the chance/opportunity. As for treats - I always carry food around with me and my dogs get good portion of their daily rations from seeking it out - I hide it and let them find it - again fulfilling a need. A bit of food/treat is also a great training aid. Things are not always how you perceive them Tarantula.
I was brought up with German shepherds as a child, and we have had about six dogs during our married life, so I do know something about the animals and how to treat them, especially as it was left to me to do so, my husband was far too busy and the kids likewise.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 03:04 PM

Not too sure what harm you think the dog is doing anyone by carrying around a soft toy .

If people want to buy things for their dogs that's up to them . It's not for you or anyone else to tell them how to spend their own money .
Cass
NL

08-06-2017, 03:06 PM

A child is human NOT a sub species like a dog!
A sub species?...You have no idea.. My stomach rolled as I read that.

It seems you really think humans are superior. Humans are the worst things on the planet we have poisoned and fouled our living place something an animal never does, we kill for the sport we maim we wipe out entire species and yet you think we are superior?

MY debate with you ends here. I don't allow people like you into my home or my life and that includes via a PC you are poison.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

08-06-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Not too sure what harm you think the dog is doing anyone by carrying around a soft toy .

If people want to buy things for their dogs that's up to them . It's not for you or anyone else to tell them how to spend their own money .
Obviously not, but I still think it is crazy.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top