Join for free
Page 45 of 164 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 05:20 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm surprised that you can't visit your optician now, Meg.
Ours has been open for some time now. Marge has recently collected some new specs from them, having had an eye test a few weeks ago.
This is Boots Opticians. Perhaps others are not open.
JBR I can and my optician is open but I don't wish to be confined in a small space with someone who has been in close contact with others . I feel it is too high risk .
I have been isolating since last March and won't squander that now with a vaccine so close.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Chemists keep Yellow Cards on which to report any kind of reaction to any medicines OTT or prescribed .
That's good to know Zuleika , thank you .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 05:30 PM

Meg thank goodness I came back in here and saw this agreement with my own post which Pesta has taken me to task over !
Yes indeed those symptoms do sound like an allergic reaction ,not normal at all .
Chemists keep Yellow Cards on which to report any kind of reaction to any medicines OTT or prescribed .

Zuleika, apologies to you. Yes, I did get a bit cross with you and again I sincerely apologise.
As I explained (in the wrong way) I've always prided myself on not involving medics or panicking (unless an emergency situation arises which is a different kettle of fish).

Thanks for your comments re Chemists stocking the Yellow Cards too. I didn't know that. Now, I've three ways to let them know.

Nancy13
New Member!
Kent, UK
Nancy13 is female 

06-02-2021, 05:40 PM

My first post so hopefully it appears!

I had the AZ jab on Monday and the nurse said there was more of a reaction to the AZ rather than the Pfizer jab and that women are more affected than men apparently. The side effects are generally minor with usually headache, aches and pains etc. I had a couple of days feeling a bit grotty with a headache and feeling a bit fluy but things were sorted with some paracetamols. Spent the day languishing rather fetchingly on the settee being supplied with sustenance
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 05:44 PM

Pesta ,apology accepted .
I know that the Pfizer vaccine is not recommended for people who have suffered allergies which is why I asked which one you’d had .
I do think such that you experienced around your nose and eyes ought to be reported for the good of others . It’s not making a fuss believe me .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
JBR I can and my optician is open but I don't wish to be confined in a small space with someone who has been in close contact with others . I feel it is too high risk .
I have been isolating since last March and won't squander that now with a vaccine so close.
Yes, as always you talk a lot of sense, Meg.
You'd be wise to be patient for a little while longer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy13 ->

I had the AZ jab on Monday and the nurse said there was more of a reaction to the AZ rather than the Pfizer jab and that women are more affected than men apparently. The side effects are generally minor with usually headache, aches and pains etc. I had a couple of days feeling a bit grotty with a headache and feeling a bit fluy but things were sorted with some paracetamols. Spent the day languishing rather fetchingly on the settee being supplied with sustenance
Welcome Nancy.

I like ladies who are fetching.
Perhaps you can fetch me a rum and coke!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 06:00 PM

I know that the Pfizer vaccine is not recommended for people who have suffered allergies which is why I asked which one you’d had .
I do think such that you experienced around your nose and eyes ought to be reported for the good of others . It’s not making a fuss believe me .
Thank you Zuleika.

Yes, I have every intention of logging my reactions as I think it's important - not for me, but for the powers that be who make the vaccines.

As with any medicine, reactions (whether major or minor) are important and need logging and recording so they can be listed on the leaflets enclosed with any medicine.
That way someone can (hopefully) decide whether to take them or not.

BTW I was petrified I would receive the Pfizer one, as that seemed more 'allergenic' than the Oxford one.
Think they call it sod's law
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

06-02-2021, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy13 ->

Hello Nancy welcome..
A 'reaction' is a good reason for a little self pampering I would say as long as it isn't too bad or like poor Twink and Pesta

I have to take my dog out, she is eccentric and won't pee or poo in the garden, I have to go out in public so I am hoping I don't have a bad reaction assuming the snow doesn't prevent my getting to the GP for the vaccination, life is one big worry at the moment, I may take to my bed till spring
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 07:33 PM

Zuleika, l suffer with allergies, so l was a bit apprehensive about having the vaccine.
I rang my doctors informing them of this and they asked if l had ever gone into anaphylactic shock after something. l said, l hadn’t and they said it would be ok to have the vaccination.

Again, l repeated my concern about my allergies to the nurse who was going to give me the injection. She showed me the list of things the Pfizer vaccination contained and as far as l knew, l had never had a reaction to milk, salt, sugar or Lipids.
I also mentioned that l had been chesty and wheezy lately but they didn’t seem bothered about that either!

I had it done two weeks ago and have had absolutely no reaction or after affects at all and l thought l would.

PS... To make you laugh....... Social media users have claimed the presence of lipid nanoparticles in a COVID-19 vaccine means it could contain small robots or computers. This is false - these nanoparticles are tiny lipid droplets that transport and protect the vaccine component.

Page 45 of 164 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top