Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 02:38 PM

Re: Leaf Tea or Teabag

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I thought everyone was capable of doing this Rachel darlin' - I certainly am and have been doing so for many years.
I agree, Uncle Joe.
But what about the larger digestive biscuits? Now they are a different story...or a Wagon Wheel!!
Actually, no - that's sheer gluttony!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I agree, Uncle Joe.
But what about the larger digestive biscuits? Now they are a different story...or a Wagon Wheel!!
Actually, no - that's sheer gluttony!

Time was, (around 60 years ago) that wagon wheels were just that - huge. Nowadays I'm not so sure I couldn't eat one in one mouthful.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 07:23 PM

Time was, (around 60 years ago) that wagon wheels were just that - huge. Nowadays I'm not so sure I couldn't eat one in one mouthful.
Haha, yes they are TINY aren't they, Joe?
Like everything, shrinkage is the name of the game nowadays, with the price the only thing expanding! - the great supermarket rip-off.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I agree, Uncle Joe.
But what about the larger digestive biscuits? Now they are a different story...
I used to be able to do the same with the larger ones.

Dunno now as I am too refined to even consider trying
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I used to be able to do the same with the larger ones.

Dunno now as I am too refined to even consider trying

Errrmmm - what larger ones??? - they do LARGER chocolate digestives???
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 02:27 PM

Errrmmm - what larger ones??? - they do LARGER chocolate digestives???
The unchocolate ones

They used to be larger but I've not investigated recently. Possibly, they too have diminished in size.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

25-10-2015, 02:36 PM

Yes Rachel darlin' - Digestive biscuits USED to be slightly larger, but that changed a few years back and now there is a (standard???) size digestive biscuit which can also encompass either milk or plain chocolate too.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

25-10-2015, 02:39 PM

Yes Rachel darlin' - Digestive biscuits USED to be slightly larger, but that changed a few years back and now there is a (standard???) size digestive biscuit which can also encompass either milk or plain chocolate too.
Aha

How irritating !
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 03:27 PM

you cant beat tea -soothes the day away ---
but have to say -leaves are the best taste -like proper in a pot - cup with finger curled up and sip
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

25-10-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by toffee ->
you cant beat tea -soothes the day away ---
but have to say -leaves are the best taste -like proper in a pot - cup with finger curled up and sip

Tea cups are useless - they don't hold enough to even wet ya whistle - give me a decent sized mug anyday

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top